PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 12:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond/ppc 6700
Carrier: sprint

ruwl87 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC TOUCH PRO 2 SCREEN GOING BLANK and Stays There

I got the same problem. I did a lot searching online, and finally, I think that I found the unannounced official fix for it by HTC.

Update for HTC Touch Pro2 Enhance the system stability
Old 05-22-2011, 12:50 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruwl87
I got the same problem. I did a lot searching online, and finally, I think that I found the unannounced official fix for it by HTC.

hmmmmmmm.....
Old 05-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruwl87 View Post

that's for SE Asia don't think it'll work for US models.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kendal0 is a n00b

My phone was doing it as well, starting on or about the evening of the 17th. I was running Mighty Mike's last ROM. Cleared memory 3 times over the weekend trying to fix it, but it came right back. I run battclock in the taskbar to show battery, Memory, CPU usage and signal strength and I noticed that the CPU was getting pegged shortly after a soft reset and never coming off full usage. I couldn't identify the process (dotfred just showed the idle process using all the processor) but I know a hung process that maxes out the CPU will result in the SOD.

I task 29nd, then loaded the latest Energy 29020 reference ROM and the issue seems to be resolved. At least it hasn't SOD's in an hour. On the other ROM is was doing it within minutes.

I don't know what it causing this either, my Mighty Mike ROM was running great for about 6 months and I hadn't loaded any new programs in over a month. Whatever is causing it, it must have something to do with the date Y2K+11!
Old 05-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Lurker

kendal0 is a n00b

Well, it will not let me edit my message so I'll update you here.

Edit: Well, with only Battclock loaded and my gmail account it just started doing it again. The hour it didn't do it I didn't have gmail setup. I'm going to try wiping it, then loading without email and see if it starts again.

CRAP! There isn't a phone I want to replace this with. The Droid X2 seems to be the best Verizon phone other than the iPhone and I'm not overly impressed with it.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Lurker

kendal0 is a n00b

Ok, here is an update (board still will not let me edit my previous messages).

Cleared storage and re-provisioned Verizon on latest Energy Reference ROM. 1 hour of use with Battclock and WinMoSpeed installed and nothing else done. Sent and received text messages as well. Zero issues with SOD or CPU usage. I wonder if Gmail has updated some on their end that f'ed up our TP2s? I did notice that they released a new feature to mark emails as important sometime in the past couple of days. I wonder if they changed anything else?

Anybody else with this issue, try removing your Gmail account and see if that fixes your SOD issue. If you cleared memory and reloaded, try it without Gmail setup and let us know if you are working fine again.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: vzw

rbyham is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

still have prob here. painful as it makes phone unreliable. I am fully stock 6.5 VZW. About all I run extra is MoTweets. Strange. Starting to feel like a replacement is needed but do not care for any other phones I see at this point. Hope someone finds a fix. I can't go custom ROM just now (at a major conference so no time) Oh well...
Old 05-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: VZW

uncre8tv is a n00b

Anyone else think it's odd that so many people have the same issue at the same time? Or is it just a law of averages thing? Running a stock VZW ROM now, will try a custom ROM and see if it fixes.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scott1998ta is a n00b

I have a stock 6.5 Sprint Rom on my TP2 and it did the exact same thing starting about a week ago. I did a hard reset and it went away but I lost everything I had (less contacts since I did a back up before hard reset). This happening to this many phones all at the same time is not a coincedence. Something out there changed to cause this. I had a gmail account on my phone as well and have not added it back as of yet so i can't say if that was it.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond/ppc 6700
Carrier: sprint

ruwl87 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
that's for SE Asia don't think it'll work for US models.
I installed this on my phone. It solved the SOD problem, but now, the hard buttons (send, back, hang up, etc.) do not work in the data mode. It only works during the phone mode.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2