PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 02:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009
Re: Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
You get the transparent working?

Anyone?
Didn't really try the transparency edit, don't feel like its that necessary. Thanks again for the help!
Old 05-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I dont remember where I saw it but how do you delete the dialer I remember it was a hog on memory too

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > HTC TP2 > Android
Carrier: T-Mobile

akeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey, I do wanna know how to get rid of the softkeys. Please update the post when you have time...
Old 05-14-2011, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I want to try the transparency settings, but the hotfile downloads for aygshell.dll and shell32.exe say that they are expired. Could anyone send me the files, or upload them.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeaw3000 View Post
Hey, I do wanna know how to get rid of the softkeys. Please update the post when you have time...
I tried by using NueNobBar 2.0, and Dwizzy HD Mini Softkeys Cabs, but am still having some issues. See picture.

Everytime i return to Iphone Today Screen i have to hit Done in order to get rid of the bar.

I also tried to do the transparency settings, but i didnt have any files to overwrite in the windows folder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (12.1 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-15-2011, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

akeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm using NoBar 2.0 which got rid of the softkeys (no "Done" button). I figured I'd try the above transparency trick to get rid of the actual bottom bar, like in teradog's pic. I couldn't backup the two files, so was going to use htcrie to switch them out and reflash. Anyone know where to download the patched files?
Old 05-15-2011, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I'm using NoBar 2.0 which got rid of the softkeys (no "Done" button). I figured I'd try the above transparency trick to get rid of the actual bottom bar, like in teradog's pic. I couldn't backup the two files, so was going to use htcrie to switch them out and reflash. Anyone know where to download the patched files?
Hmmm. I've tried NueNoBar2.0 on 2 different flashes and had the same result. Are you on the 29020 rom, and Iphone Today?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
Hmmm. I've tried NueNoBar2.0 on 2 different flashes and had the same result. Are you on the 29020 rom, and Iphone Today?
I'm on the 21916 Titanium April 29th ROM + IPhoneToday. I also tried on the 29017 Standard April 15th ROM; same result.

I finally got it to work like above after modding my own files, but I want to completely remove the softkeys, so I added NueNoBar2.0, which KINDA worked. I say kinda because after boot there's a black/multi-colored space with a white speck where the bar used to be, but I can remove it by right clicking the screen & hitting "cancel". Maybe teradog can help me figure this last piece out...

*Screenshots:
The first is what I got following teradog's method above
The second is what I got when I added NueNoBar 2.0
The third is what I want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01Current.jpg (376.7 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 02Wrong.jpg (373.3 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 03Correct.jpg (371.6 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by akeaw3000; 05-16-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: uploads
Old 05-18-2011, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mikey1234 is becoming a great contributor

i'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten more attention.

i'm running april 26 or 24th cookie. i just turned off sense and turn on iphonetoday. it def saved me some ram. i like it and hoping it can hold me over until evo 3d is released. my battery seems to die really quickly still. obviously i've made no other changes so i shouldnt expect it to last much longer
Old 05-20-2011, 12:59 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
I dont remember where I saw it but how do you delete the dialer I remember it was a hog on memory too
thanked... agreed! Now someone has to try it & post over 150MB RAM... forgot that one.. lol should have done it!
Quote:
I'm on the 21916 Titanium April 29th ROM + IPhoneToday. I also tried on the 29017 Standard April 15th ROM; same result.

I finally got it to work like above after modding my own files, but I want to completely remove the softkeys, so I added NueNoBar2.0, which KINDA worked. I say kinda because after boot there's a black/multi-colored space with a white speck where the bar used to be, but I can remove it by right clicking the screen & hitting "cancel". Maybe teradog can help me figure this last piece out...

*Screenshots:
The first is what I got following teradog's method above
The second is what I got when I added NueNoBar 2.0
The third is what I want.
Yep, #3 that would be nice! Look, mwalts method is the only thing I've found... You don't "back up" your original files.. simply copy them to a dir on your SD card.. (thus creating a backup, leaving the originals in place)

COOL!! you got it!
Note to others... you MUST have those 2 files from the same sys!!! Yes, I was able to jump between a few versions of 290xx, but certainly, you wouldn't be able to use 29xxx mod'd files on a 21xxx sys.

Also, looking at your post, I now realize... "getting rid of softkey bar" is not an accurate statement.. I meant transparency... the buttons would remain the same, however... you can look for the softkeys reg & change those.. I even messed around & changed the font color.

Re. NoBar 2.0, wow, it actually expands into that space allowing more usable screen? I have to try this... I'll go DL..
Re. I can remove it by right clicking the screen & hitting "cancel". wow, I think I may be satisfied with the right click cancel..! I'll take a look

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1234 View Post
i'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten more attention.

i'm running april 26 or 24th cookie. i just turned off sense and turn on iphonetoday. it def saved me some ram. i like it and hoping it can hold me over until evo 3d is released. my battery seems to die really quickly still. obviously i've made no other changes so i shouldnt expect it to last much longer
On your battery... Did you flash a titanium ROM & change startmenues with the cab I linked? Are you on an Energy ROM? You have to keep it simple.. the simpler, the better battery... no album cover updates & checking 10 different emails every 30 seconds, etc.. My experience with cookie is that so much is always running in the background. I have mail set to a few hours, one account 1 hour & simply created a link to sendreceive all (I think I found in the \windows directory) when I want to ensure the newest refresh..

Hope that helps...

I may have missed a bunch, sorry, post again with questions/suggestions please if I did, or misunderstood your questions

Last edited by teradog; 05-20-2011 at 01:15 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2