PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

IT_Architect is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Remove Sprint Apps

Does anyone have a cab or instructions that will allow me to remove the Sprint apps from the Start Menu or allow me to move them to a sub-directory? (I cannot use GoodThings2Life because it causes problems with my phone.) I just want to yank things like Sprint Music Store, Sprint Navigation, NFL, NASCAR, etc.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Remove Sprint Apps

flash a custom rom like VINs neodium.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IT_Architect is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
flash a custom rom like VINs neodium.
I want to maintain the stock Sprint 6.5 ROM.

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2011, 01:47 AM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

eww y would u want to stay with that POS ROM? anyway aside from using a GT2L .cab or flashing a custom rom there's really no way to achieve what ur asking for. its like trying to buy a car without an engine.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:23 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT_Architect
Does anyone have a cab or instructions that will allow me to remove the Sprint apps from the Start Menu or allow me to move them to a sub-directory? (I cannot use GoodThings2Life because it causes problems with my phone.) I just want to yank things like Sprint Music Store, Sprint Navigation, NFL, NASCAR, etc.
You can use SKTools, MemMaid, or maybe TMS Uninstaller to uninstall them or use Resco Explorer or Total Commander to remove the links from the Windows/Start Menu folder.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IT_Architect is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341
eww y would u want to stay with that POS ROM? anyway aside from using a GT2L .cab or flashing a custom rom there's really no way to achieve what ur asking for. its like trying to buy a car without an engine.
Because with custom ROMs there is always something that doesn't work right. You name it, battery life, won't work with Android, compatibility issues because they took out something an app needs, and app developers don't write for, and won't support you when you have a problem if you are running one of the hundreds of custom ROMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
You can use SKTools, MemMaid, or maybe TMS Uninstaller to uninstall them or use Resco Explorer or Total Commander to remove the links from the Windows/Start Menu folder.
I used Resco Explorer. At first I didn't see their links, but discovered that I needed to set Resco Explorer to show system and hidden files. Those other resources you list also be very helpful to know about. Thanks TONS!
Old 04-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Banned User

I never had any compatibility issues on vins rom. u can try that or u can also install the stock 6.1 rom, any rom is superior to the stock 6.5 rom.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IT_Architect is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I never had any compatibility issues on vins rom. u can try that or u can also install the stock 6.1 rom, any rom is superior to the stock 6.5 rom.
Hi Eric,
I'd like to know what you perceive the problems to be with the stock 6.5 ROM because I'm not seeing any problems. It's fast, stable, and battery life is great. I can install about anything that any custom ROM has.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT_Architect View Post
Hi Eric,
I'd like to know what you perceive the problems to be with the stock 6.5 ROM because I'm not seeing any problems. It's fast, stable, and battery life is great. I can install about anything that any custom ROM has.
Im not eric, but....
Personally, on the stock rom , i always got "services.exe" errors continuesly , as well as cprog.exe errors .. also , with a custom ROM you can get a newer build , im sure you have experienced SOD's on the stock ROM . There are also ROMs where you can have it stripped to only want what you want on there . like my ROMs . Its the basics nothing more . it allows a more user end experience . Where a stock ROM is what sprint gives you .. Try multitasking with a stock ROM , guarentee you apps will close without you knowing in order to free up space .

But yeah you can only remove the links in the start menu folder under the windows directory . you cant fully remove them as they are cooked into the rom and are only removable by flashing . I was in the same boat as you when i was a noob , then i discovered flashing , and never thought again about a stock ROM . only when going for warrenty replacements . Whatever you decide ! good luck ! we are happy to help with what we can !
Old 04-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT_Architect View Post
Hi Eric,
elesbb pretty much nailed it. add to that I was getting missing component errors,dialer crashes, SODs, SMS freeze after sending and even after the 1st message was sent. RAM leak even with no programs running; I tested this one day by soft resetting before I went I to work I booted with 58% use and then by the time I got out of work I had 84% use even tho I didn't run anything. never experienced these issues with a 21916 custom rom or a 6.1 rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2