PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 03:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS
Question Onscreen buttons don't always work. What's going on?

NOT hardware keys, but ICON buttons like in menus and in the TouchFlo interface. Lately I've been noticing that when I press my finger on these onscreen buttons or menu options, they will LIGHT UP like you pressed them but NOTHING happens. Sometimes it works fine right away, other times I have to keep pressing the same item over and over. The Icon (or selection) illuminates like you pressed it, but it just acts as nothing happened. I keep re-calibrating the screen but that's not helping.

Sometimes I can press something... such as in viewing a text message. I'll pop the menu open and click on REPLY. The menu closes out and NOTHING happens. I do it again and its fine. Also, this doesn't happen all the time either .. same with the problem above. Anyone else get this ?
Old 04-13-2011, 07:42 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Onscreen buttons don't always work. What's going on?

what rom are u using? I had this happen on the stock 6.5 rom the mighty rom, any rom with a 21889 build or an uncompressed sense 2012 had the issue.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Agreed, sounds like you've got some corruption or bugs there.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

Oops, sorry bout that. It's a stock Verizon 6.1 ROM. I wanted to stay away from the 6.5 builds or upgrades ...wll just because how slow and problematic I heard they were. I actually like my 6.1 .. but not as of lately. I haven't done an MR since November 2009, mainly because I haven't needed it. I haven't installed anything for months really. But I have had a lot of those customs apps installed ages ago. But it never affected the onscreen buttons. It's almost like the buttons get ignored at times. Idk, I just thought maybe there was an easy fix around, besides doing a MR. Hate to have to re-install everything...and I think on this one it has to be reactivated everytime.. I forget, it's been awhile. .

But, could be right about a corrupt file. Or it could be acting like Opera Mobile does, and ignore the touch as an accidental touch instead...but its ignoring too many purposeful touches. You know how you touch the screen just so slightly in Opera to click something, and instead it scrolls the page down super fast instead. Yeah. Maybe a screen issue I'm not sure.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

You may have a hardware problem with your digitizer. You can try clearing out any leftover temp files and use a cleanup utility like cleartemp or memmaid to see if that might help. The only way to be sure that you have a hardware problem is to do a Clear Storage/Hard Reset and then if your problem persists then you need a new digitizer.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Go into the notes application and start drawing on the screen in every possible spot and direction. Does the little black tracer doesn't follow your finger/stylus? Repeat it a few times. If it doesn't and it kind of stays near the middle, then your digitizer is bad and it needs repair or replacement.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2