PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: tmobile

keidlauni is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation flashed sprint to use with tmobile and cant find an available tmobile gsm network

Hey guys, This is my first time using this service, so hang with me...I have a sprint phone that im trying o use with tmobile. I flashed the radio and all that madness, but when i put it my tmobile sim, its recognized but cannot find an available gsm network. Any suggestions?
Old 04-10-2011, 12:38 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: flashed sprint to use with tmobile and cant find an available tmobile gsm network

did you SIM UNLOCK first?? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...-unlocker.html
Old 04-10-2011, 01:57 PM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: flashed sprint to use with tmobile and cant find an available tmobile gsm network

+1

You mentioned you falshed the Radio so I am assuming you are on Radio 2.32.00WU ( 'U' being unlocked and not V or F ...) After witch you will need to be SIM-Unlocked. Then you will insert T-Mobiole SIM Card and manually switch 'Global' Mode to GSM ONLY and it should register onto T-Mobile.

(DO keep in mind that if you boot into Android with the SIM card in place, you will be on T- Mobile and not Sprint)
Old 04-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

yea need to be SIM unlocked and honestly I don't think its worth the trouble in doing this unless u don't have a data plan because u will not receive 3G service. there are 2 other phones on tmobile that are more superior than the tp2 as well, one being the HD2 and the other being the HD7 u can get them both at fairly low prices.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

keidlauni is a n00b

oh shit, wow ! thanks for the love, guys. ya'll were very helpful. @ Tatooed and Mariano, the phone is sim-unlocked, good look...@ Eric, Big ups, man. I ablolutely need to have a data plan which, as u taught me, will render this phone useless to me. I wonder if you could help me a little further...I assume this phone will be straight with a sprint sim, correct? Oh, and are either of the phones u suggested windows? Good lookin out for your help, I appreciate it.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Sprint doesn't use a sim and the sim unlock is only for non US gsm carriers. No way around it that I'm aware of.

Cooler than your EVO
Old 04-11-2011, 01:05 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keidlauni View Post
oh shit, wow ! thanks for the love, guys. ya'll were very helpful. @ Tatooed and Mariano, the phone is sim-unlocked, good look...@ Eric, Big ups, man. I ablolutely need to have a data plan which, as u taught me, will render this phone useless to me. I wonder if you could help me a little further...I assume this phone will be straight with a sprint sim, correct? Oh, and are either of the phones u suggested windows? Good lookin out for your help, I appreciate it.
both the phones I suggested are windows. the HD2 is 6.5 and the HD7 is wp7. there's also a wp7 port for the HD2
Old 04-11-2011, 02:34 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
HD2 can use wp7 also. No dualboot either

Cooler than your EVO
Old 04-11-2011, 06:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Hey guys, This is my first time using this service, so hang with me...I have a sprint phone that im trying o use with tmobile. I flashed the radio and all that madness, but when i put it my tmobile sim, its recognized but cannot find an available gsm network. Any suggestions?
not even in manual network finding mode?

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex
Old 04-19-2011, 04:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 RHOD400
Carrier: Iwireless(T-Mobile Affiliate)

mcjewpants is a n00b

Quote:
I'm having this same problem. I have sim unlocked, have unlocked radio, and am on the energy rom, but I cant find an available gsm network. the really funny part is that it comes up when I go to set network, but I cant select it manually either. Did you ever figure out a fix?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2