PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 09:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Make TP2 Finger Friendly like just new phones!

Are you tired of pressing icons and not having the right action take place?

Are you frustrated beyond belief when you cannot press the corner icons...
OR cannot drag that slider without your stylus, which most of us lose?

Finnally, do you feel like throwing your TP2 across room(!)
at your Android friend,
when they bragg about their screen that they press so effortlessly?

Looks like time for a new phone, right

Well to prolong the life of my TP2, so I could make it till my upgrade,
I decided to make a cab to try to address this problem..
tested, retested countless settings, 27 registry edits in all.

Now, I can finally press things with my finger and it will do what I want.
I have also made some setting changes in HTC Sense and Opera,
to make the phone more buttery smoothness.

Just install cab, AND reset..
Try and let me know what you think!

EDIT: will post slimmer cabs for those not needing Sense or Opera smoothness..
Changelog:
updated version in "Tweak2" cab for fatter finger and more sensitivity..
Tweak3-discovered and adjusted HTC overlay Transitions
Tweak4-increased HTC overlay transition response
Tweak5-increase GLYPHCACHE for faster flo
Tweak6-adjust HTC AnimationRadio
Tweak7-adjust HTC RepaintTime
Tweak8-Lighter FingerTouch sensitivity, increase speed
Tweak9-HTC Album finger and speed tweaks, easier flicking in Sense, more sensitivity overall
Best 10-Fix Gsensor battery drainage, Fix Hyper-Sensitivity in OperaMini. Best cab..
MaxedMega 11 cab:
new keyboard fingering setting adjustments for less mistakes.
increased sensitivity adjustments
recalibrated settings to stabalize the increase
more finger flicking response in HTC
better stability when dragging, because of slight increase in finger pixel range.
MaxedMega12-Ugg! I inadvertently disabled rotation! (Opera&mini), Fixed to normal rotation settings.
MaxedMegaa13-remove all rotation tweaks except opera which I believe is default

Use "MaxedMega_iFingerToucht13.cab" !
below for latest and hopefully last time I'll mess with this...
Reset after install.
Remember these settings are for TP2 and MAYBY any similar device that has same size screen only!
UPDATE: Works on TP1
Also, only recomeded screen protector is "Bestskinsever".
As of 6/9/2011 is is the best at touch response and feel..

Last edited by Maxx134; 06-09-2011 at 09:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 20 times.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

OO! I like buttery smooth. lol

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:46 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Make TP2 Finger Friendly like just new phones!

The opera butteryness comes at expense of slightly more ram usage,
so I may make another cab without the Opera settings,
an another cab for those that don't use Sense.
But for now I like it as is.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

the wm builds from 21052 and up were finger friendly enough I thought? at least I haven't had problems. looks good tho I'll have to pick up my tp2 and try it.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:02 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Here are slimmer version cabs for those that don't use either Sense or opera, or both:
EDIT:
removed as they needed updating,
Will post on first post when ready..

Last edited by Maxx134; 04-15-2011 at 08:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
the wm builds from 21052 and up were finger friendly enough I thought? at least I haven't had problems. looks good tho I'll have to pick up my tp2 and try it.
I have always been mainly a 6.5 user, not a 6.5.x user.
So that dam little "X" on the corner and scrollbars where always elusive to me.
I also scroll my memcard and windows folder alot and it is not finger friendly as
a phone like your new one
Old 04-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I tried your first cab and the main thing I noticed was opera scrolling is smoother dunno about screen sensitivity because I already had that Azarsunny iTouch cab installed. Should I have uninstalled that iTouch cab first? hmm..
Old 04-05-2011, 01:55 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

I tried your first cab and the main thing I noticed was opera scrolling is smoother dunno about screen sensitivity because I already had that Azarsunny iTouch cab installed. Should I have uninstalled that iTouch cab first? hmm..
Yeah it is not needed as I included those 2 reg entries in that cab.
BUT you can leave in, because if you do uninstall, you will have to re-install mine to put back in,
as uninstalling it would prob undo those two changes in my cab as well.

Things to notice:
scrolling contacts more fluid.
scrolling in file browsers more fluid.
LESS mistakes pressing or scrolling.
easier pressing those little buttons on corners or sides.

stylus not needed like in newer phones.

There is a limit to adjusting the settings.
I don't know how much more I can get it finger friendly,
time will tell but so far good enough for me.

Last edited by Maxx134; 04-05-2011 at 02:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Very good! Thanks!

I guess one could use your cab on other devices like the Diamond that maybe use the older TouchFlo3d or would the Sense tweaks you put in not apply to TouchFlo3d?
Old 04-05-2011, 01:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

joshie0 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm using Opera Mini. Which cab should I install?

Also, is your cab "uninstallable" if it causes problems?

I'm excited to try it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2