PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 05:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

JaedenRuiner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Airplane Mode Randomly Turning on

Okay,
So I have an HTC TP2, and had one for almost a hear. I like the device, for all its quirks, and though it takes some patience, it does what I need and want it to do.
However, my last TP2 had a stroke, and I was forced to replace it under warranty. I've gotten it back to where I had it before, but now it is having this rather annoying issue.

Suddenly, it seems to be stuck in some eternal loop, where it beeps constantly, and is cycling back and forth between Airplane mode on and off. Almost like it's got a virus or something, or I have no idea. It did this for about a day after I got it configured back the way I wanted it, and then seemed fine, for about two weeks or so. Now it is it's beeping, somewhat like a keyboard buffer full beep, like 2700 commands had been given all at once and it can't seem to process them all, and then i get the radio off sound, beep beep beep, radio on sound, beep beep beep, over and over and over again.
I tried at first, when the radio turn off, to enter comm manager and turn the airplane mode off, but it just counted to 10 and turned it back on again.
I am quite flummoxed here. I would like to complete disable the concept of airplane mode entirely. Nothing should ever turn the radio off on my phone, except the power button. WHat could possibly be causing this?

Setup:
Stock Sprint WM6.5 ROM
Cookies Home Tab & Editor
Total Commander
Sprite Backup
cleanRAM
SafeInboxExtender
PHM RegEdit
Adv Cfg 3.3
Gyrator2
(and misc installed game software)

Thanks
Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner
Old 03-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Airplane Mode Randomly Turning on

Try hard resetting it . U can also remove the advanced configuration app as it has known to cause problems related but not exactly similar to the one u described . Another thing u can do is try a different rom I personally recommend vins latest neodium rom without CHT. if u don't want to or know how to flash a custom rom then I recommend u download and flash the stock 6.1 rom as that is faster and more stable than the stock 6.5 rom
. If none of these solve ur problem then u may need to get another replacement.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I agree flash the shipped rom to try to diagnose the problem. Ut sounds like a hardware malfunction like a stuck end key or a short somewhere. The only way to know for sure is flash shipped and test and if the issue persists then you need repair or replacement.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2