PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

TheKid1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cannot connect to USA GSM Towers...please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
you need this, the cell phone guy can't sim unlock it without this
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2025343-post1.html.
do not go by what it says on the phone, if you didn't do what's in that thread, you ARE NOT sim unlocked!!

1)First off, I am confused about that thread because it says a lot of don'ts and do's. Can someone take a quick look at what i did already on my phone as opposed to what I have to do. it says scarey things on that page about patched and unpatched radios. Can someone just clarify if I can downoad the unlocker since I have a custom ROM installed already?

2)I still don't understand why I have to purchase a sim unlocker code again according to that thread you've posted. I agree the store guy probably didn't unlock the SIM, but he definitely got me a SIM code. So isn't there just a reflash cab to unlock the SIM.

3)I'm pulling my hair out here. I appreciate everyone's help and am astonished by all the hard work people on this site have accomplished, but I believe the reason why people ask so many repetitive questions is because this forum is an absolute mess. Someone should just make a one stop shop, step by step thread instead of putting all the pieces together going to different threads for different downloads(rediculous). I believe if we put as much time in preparing an organized thread as we do programming these phones there will be a lot less help that people need. I myself am one to blame for multiple threads I'll admit, but this is exactly the reason.

4)Here is another option I wanted to ask you guys. This store offered to put android 2.2 on this phone. Will I still have these same issues(not getting 3g and having to do all this unlocking)? Or are my problems gone. What if I get my hands on an HTC Evo Shift?
Old 03-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

1) the thread i gave you is all you need to get started, it should take you here Olipro->Creations(&RhodiumW_Unlock); - Touch Pro 2 Worldphone Unlocker.
2) the sprint tp2 has software in it that doesn't respond to that unlock code...it's mainly for gsm devices, the sprint tp2 is cdma but does gsm (totally different)
3) it seems confusing, but (and please don't take this the wrong way ), once you become more involved with the site, everything is about as organized as you can get. even though you have a tp2, you're looking for "upgrades", which is anything from radios to roms to themes.
4) android on a windows mobile device is more of a rom, only flashing radios changes your signal. only when switching from cdma to gsm will make you lose your "3g", running adroid on it won't . don't worry about the questions, we were all new once and we are here to help each other .
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TheKid1 is a n00b

Quote:
1) the thread i gave you is all you need to get started, it should take you here Olipro->Creations(&RhodiumW_Unlock); - Touch Pro 2 Worldphone Unlocker.
2) the sprint tp2 has software in it that doesn't respond to that unlock code...it's mainly for gsm devices, the sprint tp2 is cdma but does gsm (totally different)
3) it seems confusing, but (and please don't take this the wrong way ), once you become more involved with the site, everything is about as organized as you can get. even though you have a tp2, you're looking for "upgrades", which is anything from radios to roms to themes.
4) android on a windows mobile device is more of a rom, only flashing radios changes your signal. only when switching from cdma to gsm will make you lose your "3g", running adroid on it won't . don't worry about the questions, we were all new once and we are here to help each other .
Ok thanks. So just to be clear, according to the stuff I have on my phone, this link is the only thing I must do to get this phone to work?

And about putting droid on hts, I guess I'll have go through these same steps if I went that route? What if I just get an Evo Shift how easy is it to get a sprint evo shift on tmobile?

Last edited by TheKid1; 03-30-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:18 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

i looked at what you posted, yes, you need that sim unlocker from olipro (after you pay, it takes about 10 minutes to get emailed back to you..check your junk or spam folders). if you put android on it, you won't have to do this again....flashing roms won't change what the sim does, only flashing a different radio will. you can get an evo shift, but it will only work on cdma networks...no gsm.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TheKid1 is a n00b

Quote:
i looked at what you posted, yes, you need that sim unlocker from olipro (after you pay, it takes about 10 minutes to get emailed back to you..check your junk or spam folders). if you put android on it, you won't have to do this again....flashing roms won't change what the sim does, only flashing a different radio will. you can get an evo shift, but it will only work on cdma networks...no gsm.

Ok I just bought it. Now you sure I don't need some radio download or something like that so I don't get an error or some sort when installing this unlocker? I never did any radio installs to this phone.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Account Disabled

yes, you need one radio after running the unlocker. stay in this thread after you get it and before you install, i'll walk you thru.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TheKid1 is a n00b

Quote:
yes, you need one radio after running the unlocker. stay in this thread after you get it and before you install, i'll walk you thru.
nice, getting closer. Ok I didn't receive the unlocker yet, but when I do, can I install it from my phone or should I use the PC?

And the radio, can I use my phone for that one? I have the program on my phone to flash the .nbh files.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:38 PM
Account Disabled

this is the radio thread of what you need (just the 1st post)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1493604-post1.html
Old 03-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid1 View Post
nice, getting closer. Ok I didn't receive the unlocker yet, but when I do, can I install it from my phone or should I use the PC?

And the radio, can I use my phone for that one? I have the program on my phone to flash the .nbh files.
you need your pc to download, unzip, and flash to the phone. you don't have to rename anything, once you open the unlocker and sync your phone (very important to sync the phone 1st), it does most of the rest. there is something to watch out for between one of the steps, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TheKid1 is a n00b

Quote:
you need your pc to download, unzip, and flash to the phone. you don't have to rename anything, once you open the unlocker and sync your phone (very important to sync the phone 1st), it does most of the rest. there is something to watch out for between one of the steps, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Ok So basically I am doing it the same way I have unlocked the phone to begin with except this program includes unlocking the SIM...gotcha. i will see if I have the program....brb

Edit: Ok I got the link, but unfortunately I'm on my MAC right now and my girlfriend is using my PC....so this might have to wait till later. I will PM you after I get the unlocker installed. Thanks guys.

Last edited by TheKid1; 03-30-2011 at 05:58 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
lost, n00b