PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

TheKid1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cannot charge phone while on after cleanup cab and tweak cab for sprint?

What is up? Started with stock rom. Installed Sprint cleanup cab and sprint tweak wm 65 cab and I cannot charge the phone while it is on, only when phone is turned off.....anyone familiar with this problem? How do I fix it?
Old 03-26-2011, 09:14 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Cannot charge phone while on after cleanup cab and tweak cab for sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid1 View Post
What is up? Started with stock rom. Installed Sprint cleanup cab and sprint tweak wm 65 cab and I cannot charge the phone while it is on, only when phone is turned off.....anyone familiar with this problem? How do I fix it?
no issues when i used it, hard reset and see if you charge while not using cab so your sure its not charger or if you have extra or a friends charger try that.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
no issues when i used it, hard reset and see if you charge while not using cab so your sure its not charger or if you have extra or a friends charger try that.
Nice suggestion!! Thekid1, when Darren talks we listen!! =]=] Always has great advice and wisdom!

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TheKid1 is a n00b

Ok, I just hard reset and phone charges fine while on. I then first cab and problem came back. I hard reset again and installed second cab and same problem came back. I then hard reset again and without cabs, there is no problem. No fixes for this? I am back to square 1.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:14 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Ok, I just hard reset and phone charges fine while on. I then first cab and problem came back. I hard reset again and installed second cab and same problem came back. I then hard reset again and without cabs, there is no problem. No fixes for this? I am back to square 1.
i saw your other thread are you messing with your registy? best bet is unlock phone and flash a custom rom like one i use from vin, all crap is removed plus tons of tweaks by vin.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...w-hardspl.html for unlocking.
vins rom thread:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...6-28244-a.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TheKid1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i saw your other thread are you messing with your registy? best bet is unlock phone and flash a custom rom like one i use from vin, all crap is removed plus tons of tweaks by vin.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...w-hardspl.html for unlocking.
vins rom thread:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...6-28244-a.html
No, I have not messed with the registry, I was going to download the link that someone posted but there was an error on the page.

Can you walk me through getting the VIN Rom?
Can you post the exact link so I can download it?
How do I unlock my phone?
Right now I have a 16GB sim in my phone.
Do I just download the VIN Rom to the Sim card and then install it to the device just like I did with the cabs?

Please help, I've been looking at this ppcgeeks site since 11am this morning trying to figure this stuff out lol.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Can you walk me through getting the VIN Rom?
Can you post the exact link so I can download it?
How do I unlock my phone?
Right now I have a 16GB sim in my phone.
Do I just download the VIN Rom to the Sim card and then install it to the device just like I did with the cabs?
I just checked both of the links that Darren posted and both are working. When you go to the http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...w-hardspl.html there is a great step by step tutorial about how to unlock your phone. The process is similar flashing Vin's Rom!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:56 PM
acs tester

sim card will not be used through this whole process op unless you mean sdcard? first your gonna wanna unlock your tp2 then we can help you flash using pc or your phone via sdcard but just start with unlocking your phone first then post back when thats done. if im not here and you need help you can always pm me and i will jump online to help you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

If you are the watch and learn type, you can check out this video on How to Unlock and Flash CDMA TP2 RhodiumW. The process will be very similar to what you are trying to do there.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:01 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
If you are the watch and learn type, you can check out this video on How to Unlock and Flash CDMA TP2 RhodiumW. The process will be very similar to what you are trying to do there.
lnando84 is very impressed with Tinkerbell's contributions as of late.. And would like to extend a thanks(actually a few ). Glad you're part our great community/family!! Keep up the great work!

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 03-27-2011 at 04:16 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
lost, n00b