PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth stack

Ive googled my little heart out on this and even read up on a thread about it here at PPCgeeks HTC Touch Pro 2 forum.

I am looking for the MS BT stack to cook into my ROM . I love the MobileRemote program but it doesnt work without the MS BT stack . It doesnt support the widcomm stack . Where can i get this Package to put it into my kitchen and cook it in ?

Thanks guys !
Old 03-25-2011, 02:19 PM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

BacardiGuy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Bluetooth stack

I have no idea but if you do it let us know - this is the single most frustrating thing about the phone to me
Old 03-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive

elcapo24682 is becoming a great contributor

In my failed attempt at cooking a ROM I saw an option in the kitchen to under sys packages to cook in Bluetooth. Did u try that?
Old 03-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yes it is the most frustrating thing with this phone .. It creates so many problems .

and eric are you talking about the actual package in the sys directory ? or are you talking about a second menu ?
Old 03-25-2011, 11:05 PM
Banned User

Yea the packages in the SYS menu.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Threadstarter

I have them included .. But I was reading somewhere (on google) that all the stock ROMs or the rhodium have the widcomm stack .. I was toying around with my kitchen last night and noticed I can comepletely replace the SYS folder while keeping the OEM and ext packages . So im wondering if maybe getting and HD2 rom and extracting the sys packages from that and mixing it into my kitchen will replace the bt stack .. Im not sure if the bt stack is in the sys folder or the OEM packages ..
Old 03-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Banned User

I know the roms for the original touch pro had the MS Bluetooth stack. Try that and then mix it into ur kitchen.
And u won't believe this but back in the Dell axim wm5 days people preferred to have the widcomm stack instead of the MS stack.

Last edited by elcapo24682; 03-26-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
I have them included .. But I was reading somewhere (on google) that all the stock ROMs or the rhodium have the widcomm stack .. I was toying around with my kitchen last night and noticed I can comepletely replace the SYS folder while keeping the OEM and ext packages . So im wondering if maybe getting and HD2 rom and extracting the sys packages from that and mixing it into my kitchen will replace the bt stack .. Im not sure if the bt stack is in the sys folder or the OEM packages ..
The SYS won't contain any hardware packages for you phone. They are common across all phone with the same dpi and can changed to whatever version you want. The stuff that makes your phone work (ie drivers) is in OEMDrivers. I don't know what 'bt stack' is for the TP2, but if you get a file/module name, it would be much easier to find a different version to try.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Here is some reading material from xda, from a 5 sec google search. Good luck.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [REQ] ROM - Microsoft Bluetooth Stack
Old 03-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
The SYS won't contain any hardware packages for you phone. They are common across all phone with the same dpi and can changed to whatever version you want. The stuff that makes your phone work (ie drivers) is in OEMDrivers. I don't know what 'bt stack' is for the TP2, but if you get a file/module name, it would be much easier to find a different version to try.
Yeah i noticed the bt drivers in the OEM Packages .. i have yet to toy around with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
Here is some reading material from xda, from a 5 sec google search. Good luck.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [REQ] ROM - Microsoft Bluetooth Stack
Ive done many a google search . this post is old news to me , and teh rest of the world , lol , look at the date 2009 ..... lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2