PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

devicemanager is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
email - direct replies to option missing.

I recently had to whipe out my touch pro 2 (sprint) and went to set up my email acounts. I have an exchange server and a pop 3 account. The exchange server works well and I can send and receive mail thru that perfectly. When I set up my pop3 account I previously had to use the outgoing mail server of my verizon account. However I use to have an option to direct my sent message to reply to that of the domain of the incoming mail server.

For the life of me I can find the place to in the reply to address.

Thank you!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908
Re: email - direct replies to option missing.

You need this reg...

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings]
"ShowReplyAllEmailSK1"=dword:00000000
Old 03-22-2011, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I had that setting in there with a 1 value. Do I just change that to a 0 and save it?
Old 03-22-2011, 05:52 PM
VIP Member

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by devicemanager View Post
I had that setting in there with a 1 value. Do I just change that to a 0 and save it?
Yes that will be correct. Make sure you restart email, or reset phone after reg change.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Made the change and poked the reset button. But I do not see the reply to address field in any of the email pop3 settings. I double checked the registry and the setting is still 0 - any ideas what might have gone wrong.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by devicemanager View Post
Made the change and poked the reset button. But I do not see the reply to address field in any of the email pop3 settings. I double checked the registry and the setting is still 0 - any ideas what might have gone wrong.
I don't see that option in my ROM either. The registry edit you changed just show 'reply' or 'reply all' in the left soft key. It does not have anything to do with what you are trying to accomplish. What email account are you trying to setup that needs to use verizon for the outgoing mail?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

well im a geek and have my own exchange server at home so I use the active sync for that. But for the office, we have an exchange server but it is set up as a pop as well. However if I receive an email from my work account I can not reply to it unless I am on the work network. So to work around this I would like to set up my verizon as my outgoing mail server, However, I would like people who respond to the email for it to come back thru my office server, not verizon. That is why I would like to use the reply to and specify the email address they reply to. Hope this make sense...
Old 03-22-2011, 11:20 PM
VIP Member

Ok my bad on this, I didnt read your question correct. mwalt is correct, that reg is not going to help you.

Reply email address can be found under account options, advanced settings if I remember correct.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

it's the weirdest thing, after the reset it's not there anymore. I wonder if there is a reg tweak to make that happen?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2