PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 02:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

audiringpwr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
mightyrom and picture mail

i searched and tried the arsoft cab some people said to use to get picture mail working again with mightyrom, but i tried that and my picture mail still does not work.

what else can i do to get my picture mail back while still running mightyrom?
Old 03-18-2011, 03:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: mightyrom and picture mail

btw, i'm using the htc touch pro2 rho s2 00986 cab for my texting.

and each time i try to attach a picture file or receive one, it just says it was unable to send the message.

under the options, which asks you for...

server name
ip address
port number
server address
connect via sprint or the internet

so my question is, what am i supposed to input into those settings?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

What is "htc touch pro2 rho s2 00986 cab"? Not too descriptive and I have never heard of that cab. If it's HTC Messaging Client (which it sounds like it could be based on your description of the settings), you won't get picture mail to work on Sprint. There are no settings that will work with Sprint. You need to not use HTC Messaging Client and just use the regular Sense SMS interface along with the Sprint arcsoft package.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
What is "htc touch pro2 rho s2 00986 cab"? Not too descriptive and I have never heard of that cab. If it's HTC Messaging Client (which it sounds like it could be based on your description of the settings), you won't get picture mail to work on Sprint. There are no settings that will work with Sprint. You need to not use HTC Messaging Client and just use the regular Sense SMS interface along with the Sprint arcsoft package.
thanks for the info. sorry for not being descriptive, i was just going off what the file was named on my applications list. but its the more cleaner looking text messaging format.

sucks that i can't get picture mail to work with the better looking text program.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Which verision of the Arcsoft messaging are you using? I have an LG Fathom and I had to install an Arcsoft MMS client to get MMS when I started using the Windows Messaging again. Anyway, I downloaded the 5.2.12.45 verision (threaded version) and in order to get it to work I had to go to MMS options go to GSM servers and select VerizonMMSC as my default. Then I had to go to HKLM/Software/Arcsoft/Arcsoft MMS UA/Config/mm1/WspHeader and I added a key called "X-VzW-MDN" then gave it a value of my phone number without the dashes (5555555555).

Keep in mind this was for the LG Fathom and it is on Verizon. I don't know if it would be different for a Touch Pro 2. And obviously it would be a different server to select since you are on sprint.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:50 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

open up messaging>menu>mms options>cdma servers>tap listed carrier

Server Name: Sprint
gateway:
Port: 80
Server Address: http://63.215.195.152/servlets/mms
Connect Via: The Internet
Send Limit: upto you..
Old 03-19-2011, 03:16 PM
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
open up messaging>menu>mms options>cdma servers>tap listed carrier

Server Name: Sprint
gateway:
Port: 80
Server Address: http://63.215.195.152/servlets/mms
Connect Via: The Internet
Send Limit: upto you..
That doesn't work, does it (those settings are for HTC Messaging Client, right)? The last I have seen, no settings have ever been able to make HTC Messaging Client send or receive mms on Sprint. There are settings that will make it seem like it sends (what you listed), but the person you send it to will never get it. I'd guess there is a fundamental reason HTC did not put HTC Messaging Client in the Sprint Sense 2.5 ROM. It was around and in other ROMs at that time. I think it just won't work on Sprints network (if it was easy, HTC would have done it).
Old 03-20-2011, 09:51 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
That doesn't work, does it (those settings are for HTC Messaging Client, right)? The last I have seen, no settings have ever been able to make HTC Messaging Client send or receive mms on Sprint. There are settings that will make it seem like it sends (what you listed), but the person you send it to will never get it. I'd guess there is a fundamental reason HTC did not put HTC Messaging Client in the Sprint Sense 2.5 ROM. It was around and in other ROMs at that time. I think it just won't work on Sprints network (if it was easy, HTC would have done it).
i say it works just fine..

Old 03-20-2011, 01:14 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i say it works just fine..

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j387/BoredandTattooed/htcpicmail.jpg[/IMG]
That looks like kimi_sae_ireba's messaging tweak, not HTC Messaging Client that I was referring to. I was assuming you were talking about HTC Messaging Client when you were listing those settings. Sorry for the confusion (I know native sense messaging and arcsoft work fine).
Old 03-21-2011, 02:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i removed the htc messaging client, and installed the arcsoft cab, and have mms working now.

the user interface isn't as clean as the htc messaging client, but i have noticed that my phone is running a lot better with less memory usage, and i have mms working again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2