PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tocuh Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jae18708 is keeping up the good workjae18708 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jae18708 Send a message via Yahoo to jae18708
Bye Bye My TP2?

So... while trying to deal with the moisture problem under my screen (OSOD, oily stain of death), the digitizer ripped off. Now Im trying to decide should I repair it myself, pay the $100 deductible, or buy my friend's EVO for $150 and pay the extra $20/month (sero'er here). What do you guys think?
Old 03-11-2011, 01:40 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: Bye Bye My TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae18708 View Post
So... while trying to deal with the moisture problem under my screen (OSOD, oily stain of death), the digitizer ripped off. Now Im trying to decide should I repair it myself, pay the $100 deductible, or buy my friend's EVO for $150 and pay the extra $20/month (sero'er here). What do you guys think?
Wow... what a sad story! Well the $20 a month will equal $240 a year... OUCH!!! I would pay the $100 and keep your TP2!! =)=)

Old 03-11-2011, 03:11 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae18708 View Post
id say wait 9 days and go for the HTC Arrive, even with the extra $20 a month u are still paying about 50% less of what id be paying a month, keep in mind that im receiving unemployment and u are receiving employment so in essence this shouldnt be much of a big deal to u
Old 03-11-2011, 03:33 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
id say wait 9 days and go for the HTC Arrive, even with the extra $20 a month u are still paying about 50% less of what id be paying a month, keep in mind that im receiving unemployment and u are receiving employment so in essence this shouldnt be much of a big deal to u
Eric, what significance does how much you're paying a month have to do with anything here? If I were in the op's shoe's, I'd too want to be sure of my decision to cough up an extra $240 a year(regardless of how much cheaper it is than others). Why hate on others for having a great plan/deal?

Op, if I were you I'd take the phone to a sprint store if your having problems with the screen. More than likely they'll order you a another one(refurb) for free. Then you can make the choice whether or not to upgrade..at least this way you'll have a working backup just in case

Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:55 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
Eric, what significance does how much you're paying a month have to do with anything here? If I were in the op's shoe's, I'd too want to be sure of my decision to cough up an extra $240 a year(regardless of how much cheaper it is than others). Why hate on others for having a great plan/deal?

Op, if I were you I'd take the phone to a sprint store if your having problems with the screen. More than likely they'll order you a another one(refurb) for free. Then you can make the choice whether or not to upgrade..at least this way you'll have a working backup just in case
im not hating i jus find it annoying that alot of them complain if their bill will go over $50 a month. if sprint wanted to they could raise prices of all those plans or take them away period and the point is if i can afford it im sure they can
Old 03-11-2011, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ToUCHPRo 2
Carrier: sprint

dubmang is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dubmang Send a message via Yahoo to dubmang

why do you have a 100$ deductible?> i just had my tp2 replaced for $35 at the local sprint store. i was in the same boat as you in possibly having to buy a new tp2 to keep my plan. i was even worried about the $10 add on fee. so last week i went to the store and took my chances and it all went smoothly. hell no one even said anything about the discount.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:32 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
im not hating i jus find it annoying that alot of them complain if their bill will go over $50 a month. if sprint wanted to they could raise prices of all those plans or take them away period and the point is if i can afford it im sure they can
First of all..sprint can't take away plans..that is protected by the FCC..they can of course change things for future phones or do modifications to the contract.

Second of all..I don't see anyone complaining about the price at all...he is only askign about opinions on which route to take at the moment...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-11-2011, 02:39 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubmang View Post
why do you have a 100$ deductible?> i just had my tp2 replaced for $35 at the local sprint store. i was in the same boat as you in possibly having to buy a new tp2 to keep my plan. i was even worried about the $10 add on fee. so last week i went to the store and took my chances and it all went smoothly. hell no one even said anything about the discount.
Having insurance on my phone gives me peace of mind. I know that no matter what happens, I can get it replaced. The $35 is a nice option but what happens if your phone is deemed to have water damage or you lose it. Then your pretty much isht outta luck no?
Old 03-11-2011, 05:34 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

ah christ what now .. op i say take ur phone into the store and have em look at it if u wanna keep it and as for the evo i don't think sprint is maken people pay the $20 bucks anymore it's gone down so it's like $10 per month but i say this unto you do what u feel is right cause in the end your decision is what matters .. btw they should replace ur phone for free i know when my screen got cracked they sent me 1 out for free have a nice day
Old 03-11-2011, 06:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Get the Arrive in a few weeks.

Gun Doggy Bull Dodga of the WP7 Gang

P7

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2