PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

KimoSan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mystery icon on the taskbar

Hey all,

I just noticed a new mystery icon in my taskbar. It popped up a couple of days ago. Not sure what it is or why it's there. The only thing I've done recently is install/run the new FRX05 build of Android (which is pretty sweet btw). I looked in the owners manual and of course it's not there. Not sure if it's a graphics glitch or if it really means something. It's the one circled in red in the attached image. If it's too small to see let me know and I'll upload a zoomed in image.

I'm running stock Sprint 6.5 with the following cabs installed:
AVS GPSWeather Radar
Google Maps
Goole Search
GPS Sport Tracker
HTC Taskmanager
HTC X-Button
Manila Disable Clock Flipping
HD Tweak
Opera Mobile 10
Slacker Radio
BlueTooth Audio
ClearTemp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mystery icon.jpg (4.3 KB, 45 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: Mystery icon on the taskbar

Humm... I have never seen that one before! Strange. Does it come back after a soft reset?

Old 03-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

KimoSan is a n00b

Yep! I looked closer at the image and it appears to be the date (3/9) with a satellite icon over the top of it. I went into Settings-All Settings-Clocks&Alarms-More and selected the "Display the clock on the title bar in all programs" option and the satellite portion goes away and now I have the date and time displayed (Date on top, time on bottom). Weird. I'm not running any date/time in the taskbar cabs and not sure why this suddenly showed up. Now that the satellite portion is gone, it's kind of nice having the time and date in the taskbar all the time.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Humm... how interesting! If you figure out how to toggle on and off the date, I would like to know! Cool!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:13 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Humm... how interesting! If you figure out how to toggle on and off the date, I would like to know! Cool!
hdtweak does it or do you want something special to switch on its own?

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 02-14-2012 at 12:12 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
hdtweak does it or do you want something special to switch on its own?
How awesome! Thank you darren.wlsn1!!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:44 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
How awesome! Thank you darren.wlsn1!!
np my love. lol

always a good thread for tips/cabs.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...bs-thread.html
Old 03-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

KimoSan is a n00b

Cool. Didn't realize that HD Tweak is where that came from. I went in and turned off the date, did a quick soft reset, and voila! Time only in the taskbar. Too cool.

Man, I love this phone!
Old 03-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

and its that tweak applied that caused that glitch although the taskbar does mess up from time to time in wm6.5 these tweak programs arent really reccomened for use on cdma devices
Old 03-09-2011, 09:14 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
and its that tweak applied that caused that glitch although the taskbar does mess up from time to time in wm6.5 these tweak programs arent really reccomened for use on cdma devices
ya i have seen issues but none for me and i have used it for 2yrs but i agree if you have a issue that you never had till you loaded it then see if removing it fixes issue but im still using it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2