PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium CDMA/GSM
Carrier: USC

lunchfist is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lunchfist Send a message via MSN to lunchfist Send a message via Yahoo to lunchfist
GPS hotfix?

anyone know where i can find a cab for the GPS Hotfix app on my TP2? I've found one for the Touch Pro, but not for the TP2.. When i installed LEAD rom it must have not been included.. My gps is about 8,400ft off... :/
Thanks in advance guys..
Old 03-04-2011, 11:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: GPS hotfix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchfist View Post
anyone know where i can find a cab for the GPS Hotfix app on my TP2? I've found one for the Touch Pro, but not for the TP2.. When i installed LEAD rom it must have not been included.. My gps is about 8,400ft off... :/
Thanks in advance guys..
I'm not sure what 'hotfix' you are referring to. GPS works fine if it's put into the ROM correctly. Have you verified the GPS works ok on a different/stock ROM? Does it actually show it obtaining GPS satellites or is it using cell tower's to estimate the location?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lunchfist is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to lunchfist Send a message via MSN to lunchfist Send a message via Yahoo to lunchfist

well, on my stock rom it had in the connection manager settings an icon for 'GPS Hotfix' and it would download info from satellites to improve accuracy and reduce seek time.... but after installing lead rom, it's not there.. I can use google maps, but it can only say i'm within 4200ft of the dot on my map. When weather updates on my way to work (an hour and a half drive) the weather update is always a town off..

how can i tell if it's using towers to aproximate my location instead of GPS?
Old 03-05-2011, 01:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchfist View Post
well, on my stock rom it had in the connection manager settings an icon for 'GPS Hotfix' and it would download info from satellites to improve accuracy and reduce seek time.... but after installing lead rom, it's not there.. I can use google maps, but it can only say i'm within 4200ft of the dot on my map. When weather updates on my way to work (an hour and a half drive) the weather update is always a town off..

how can i tell if it's using towers to aproximate my location instead of GPS?
It sounds like you are talking about something like QuickGPS. If you search for QuickGPS, I'm sure you'll find many cabs. It's not necessary though in my experience. You need to enable GPS (settings->enable gps) in google maps or it just uses cell tower signal to approximate location. It sounds like you haven't done that. Once you do, it will tell how many satellites are locked in the upper right.

Weather in Sense is always based off of cell tower signal. It updates at whatever interval you have set (max every hour). I bet if you stop your car and manually update, it will give the location fine (though again, it does not use GPS).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lunchfist is a n00b

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

that's it! QuickGPS.

okay, i'll do that in google maps!

Awesome, thank you for the help!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2