PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (stock)
Carrier: Sprint 0

platin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wi-fi won't connect, stays at "connecting"

First, wow, it's been a while since I started a new thread, that "Here are similar threads we found" is a nice feature.

Now, what I'm trying to do is connect to my work wireless connection. I'm sure i've done it before since it didn't ask for a pass initially. It just keeps saying "connecting". I deleted the connection and redid the settings. All settings are correct. WPA-PSK with TKIP are what I have at work, and that's what it's set to in my phone. The network key should be the same as what I type into my laptop and my ipod, right? If so, then I'm typing the right pass/network key. I've rebooted the phone just in case, nothing.

I'm using stock new ROM from last year, with the cleanup tweaks, and some other tweaks, and CHT.

I can use the HTC WiFi router, and my ipod connects to it just fine. So, has anyone come across this and found a fix?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Hmm...
You should be able to go to Settings/Connections Tab and then click on WiFi. Then click on the right softkey to turn WiFi On. Then your device should see your router and it should show in the list. Click on it and then click on the right softkey (Connect) and then enter your info and the password on the following screens clicking Next and then eventually Finish. That should be it.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: Wi-fi won't connect, stays at "connecting"

You should try connecting to another WiFi access point to ensure your wifi card is working in your device . With it being a work access point , your work may have MAC address filtering enabled . Thus , keeping your device from connecting .. Thats all i have for ya know .
Old 03-07-2011, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (stock)
Carrier: Sprint 0
Threadstarter

platin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good work

Oddly, I don't have a "connect" softkey, it automatically starts connecting to an available preconfigured network. I can then click on another network if I want to try connecting to another one.

As far as MAC address filtering, I had already checked the router here for that since I didn't have another router to try at the moment. But now that I have tried another router, and it works, I'm a bit more stumped. There is no security on the other router I just set up, so I'll have to try putting the same type of security as our office router and see if it can still connect.

I will update as soon as I figure something out.

edit:

Found this with google: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-apache...html#post86143
it refers to WM6, so even though it's not the same phone, it's probably the same issue. Sure sounds the same. The answer doesn't work for me though.

Also, I found the "Connect" button, it's on the left side of a different screen, the older interface screen instead of the "prettied up" WM 6.5 screen.

Last edited by platin465; 03-07-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Maybe you entered your works security code wrong? Lol I've done that before xP

Sent from my FROYO X RED using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I would suggest going back to the stock rom with no changes and try it there. You've added a lot of add-ons...

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2