PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 08:59 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mystery passcode screen as my phone boots.... ANYBODY?

i think i once saw the same thing your refering to, op. see my thread from like a year ago. no one could help.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...opping-up.html
i thought it was some sort of dialer screen, but now that i think about it, it could have been a pass code screen. it looked about the size of the screen where you would enter 1234 for a hard reset.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hero, Diamond, TP2, Vogue (sold), Apache (sold)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

urgodfather is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris443 View Post
My guess is that it has something to do with olinex due to the incomplete flash, that got bypassed after it was off for awhile. iow, the source of it was Olinex, but you'd never see it again unless you present Olinex with a partially flashed rom.
Yeah your probably right that it has something to do it Olinex/ modified oembl/qcbl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
i think i once saw the same thing your refering to, op. see my thread from like a year ago. no one could help.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...opping-up.html
i thought it was some sort of dialer screen, but now that i think about it, it could have been a pass code screen. it looked about the size of the screen where you would enter 1234 for a hard reset.
I dont remember anything orange, HOWEVER.... did you have Olinex on the TP2? I'm assuming you did. I'm noticing a coincidence, both were dead. I'm gonna leave mine in bootloader all night and let it die (b.c. it doesnt charge.) MAYBE, that might give some feedback???
Old 02-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgodfather View Post
Yeah your probably right that it has something to do it Olinex/ modified oembl/qcbl.

I dont remember anything orange, HOWEVER.... did you have Olinex on the TP2? I'm assuming you did. I'm noticing a coincidence, both were dead. I'm gonna leave mine in bootloader all night and let it die (b.c. it doesnt charge.) MAYBE, that might give some feedback???
ouch! do report back...

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!
Old 02-26-2011, 06:54 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

urgodfather is a n00b

OK!!! I booted up the phone again and it reappeared!!!! Theres a message that says "your phone is locked" and this passcode screen appears. HOWEVER, this one that I just saw didnt look exactly the same as the last one, BUT that may be b/c I have a different rom on here now. Either way, that has shown as a trend. Now that I've recreated the problem, I'm doing again with it hooked to this computer so that I can take a pic of it with MyMobiler.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Cool! I was hoping you would be able to take a picture of it!

Old 02-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
OK!!! I booted up the phone again and it reappeared!!!! Theres a message that says "your phone is locked" and this passcode screen appears. HOWEVER, this one that I just saw didnt look exactly the same as the last one, BUT that may be b/c I have a different rom on here now. Either way, that has shown as a trend. Now that I've recreated the problem, I'm doing again with it hooked to this computer so that I can take a pic of it with MyMobiler.
Yeah, so you may have to re-do Oli again...
Old 02-26-2011, 11:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

urgodfather is a n00b

I don't think it's a problem with Olinex or any bootloader for that matter. Instead, I think that by allowing it to die completely through bootloader instead of regular use, it throw some sort of flag which triggers this passcode screen to pop up on boot the next time it does. Tinkerbell, I'll definitely try to take a pic of it in the am. I'm gonna let it die out again to see if it will trigger that passcode screen.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I don't think it's a problem with Olinex or any bootloader for that matter. Instead, I think that by allowing it to die completely through bootloader instead of regular use, it throw some sort of flag which triggers this passcode screen to pop up on boot the next time it does. Tinkerbell, I'll definitely try to take a pic of it in the am. I'm gonna let it die out again to see if it will trigger that passcode screen.
Yes, I agree. I think re-installing Oli again would clear that flag. But of course am not positive.

Last edited by Kris443; 02-27-2011 at 03:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Tinkerbell, I'll definitely try to take a pic of it in the am. I'm gonna let it die out again to see if it will trigger that passcode screen.
Okay, cool! I will be anxiously awaiting!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

from the description so far, I don't think it's bootloader related. but curious to see the photo of it

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
boot screen, passcode screen, tp2, unusual