PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gera229 is keeping up the good workgera229 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is the stock radio version for the Sprint TP2?

I know there are 3 radio versions for the Sprint TP2 but which one is the stock one?
SPCS_1.40WF
SPCS_R1.96WF
SPCS 2.32.00W

Which one is best?
Can Verizon radios be used on Sprint and the phone still be used on the Sprint network?

Which one uses least SAR and has the LEAST/ LOWEST SAR rating?
Old 02-22-2011, 10:20 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: What is the stock radio version for the Sprint TP2?

yes vzw radios are ok and i use one (not unlocked) google stock radio question, i forget. maybe this 1.96.00WU

moved

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 02-22-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Cannot find it in google anywhere.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

[QUOTE=darren.wlsn1;2059943]yes vzw radios are ok and i use one (not unlocked) google stock radio question, i forget. maybe this 1.96.00WU

Just recently went to vzw radio a month ago. 1.96 was the one mine had.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:24 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gera229
I know there are 3 radio versions for the Sprint TP2 but which one is the stock one?
SPCS_1.40WF
SPCS_R1.96WF
SPCS 2.32.00W

Which one is best?
Can Verizon radios be used on Sprint and the phone still be used on the Sprint network?

Which one uses least SAR and has the LEAST/ LOWEST SAR rating?
The 1.96 is the original shipped radio from the 6.1 rom. The 2.32 is the version that came with the 6.5 shipped rom.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have 2.23 which I see from boot up (the only way I know how to check radio version). So I was just wondering to make sure I had stock. I guess I had stock 6.5 rom built in as the phone is no more than 5 months old and it's not a refurbished phone either.

I hope they all have the same SAR levels as well and that 2.32 isn't higher than the others.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:59 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gera229
I have 2.23 which I see from boot up (the only way I know how to check radio version). So I was just wondering to make sure I had stock. I guess I had stock 6.5 rom built in as the phone is no more than 5 months old and it's not a refurbished phone either.

I hope they all have the same SAR levels as well and that 2.32 isn't higher than the others.
Regardless of the radio used all TP2s should be the same.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2