PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS
Saving number to existing contact = problem

Yes, the option is there when I have a number I want to save to an exisiting contact. I will click Save to existing contact, then the contact list opens. When I select the persons name I want to save it to, it suddenly opens a blank contact card. The original contact is fine. All the info is still there. I tried several times but it always opens a blank contact card. Whats going on?
Old 02-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Saving number to existing contact = problem

I've tried several times to reproduce ur issue with no success. what rom are u on and how long have u went without a hard reset? only thing i can suggest for now is that u either soft reset or restart sense.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-COPS
Yes, the option is there when I have a number I want to save to an exisiting contact. I will click Save to existing contact, then the contact list opens. When I select the persons name I want to save it to, it suddenly opens a blank contact card. The original contact is fine. All the info is still there. I tried several times but it always opens a blank contact card. Whats going on?
Never had this happen.
What rom are you running?
Have you tried doing some housecleaning like clearing excess temp files and such?
Old 02-12-2011, 06:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

AHh yeah sorry, it's the stock Windows Mobile 6.1 ROM on Verizon. I believe I have noticed this problem a month back when trying to save another number. But today it got my attention . My friend had to get a new cell number, so I had him call me so I could save it over the old number. I get the number, I go to add it to an existing contact ... Buttt a very small blank contact card opens up instead of his information. Not the regular V card. ..it's just a short page with the first and last name..the category you want it in , the phone number and the type of phone number (mobile, home etc). The page isn't even long enough to scroll down. It's all blank. If I hit cancel, it goes back to the call history or the phone screen. I've had the phone since October 2009. I know at one time the "save to existing contact" used to work. Just don't remember when. Don't have a ton of apps on there. maybe about 10 - 15. Skype, Iris Browser, FDC Task Manager, Palringo,A few hacks like < K for Raphael and the I think.. it's the Whitestone or HD2 camera hack (fixes camera lag etc). I don't have much on there and I haven't installed anything in a long time. I haven't cleaned out the sent/received messages in a long time. About 1500 msgs in each . But I dont see what that would have to do with this.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I also haven't needed to Master Reset in quite a long time. Not since December 2009. The phone is still doing well as far as speed goes. Or well, as far as WM goes. It's never been fast. Have PUSH internet service stopped always, along with SQM Upload and CM Guardian. Those are the only ones I ever shut off to free memory.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:04 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

When you say it opens a small blank contact card is the name showing? Have you tried saving the number? What happens if you save it?
Old 02-13-2011, 03:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

No, when I click on his name... or A CONTACT in my list,instead of opening THAT contact, a blank one opens (actually, the funny thing is, it is like for a SPLIT second I can see his contact card open but it's gone in about 1/32 of a second ..I found out by repeating the save to option several times). No names, numbers or other info. And yes, I have tried saving the number , an it just creates a NEW UNNAMED Contact at the top of my list with that phone number in it. I have NO idea why it is doing this. So, I have to try to remember the number (or write it down) in order to add it to an existing contact. Annoying...

Last edited by THE-COPS; 02-13-2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:49 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Wierd dude.
I dunno. It may be hard reset time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2