PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 12:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tyhart44 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Browse device on other computers on home wireless network

When connected to my home wireless network, I have been successful at using Resco File Explorer to view shared drives/directories on my laptops on my device, but I haven't been able to figure out how share drives/directories on my phone so that I can view them on my laptops.

I'm connecting my phone to my wireless network just like my other laptop, but for some reason it doesn't show up in the list of computers or devices connected in the Network view. Both laptops show up, but not the phone. Maybe I am oversimplifying, and I am certainly no network expert, but it would seem there should be a way to do this.

I'm running Vin's Neodium 1/3 if that matters. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

You can only do this wirelessly with a bluetooth connection between your ppc and pc using Activesync.
Otherwise, you can connect via USB cable and sync with your pc to sync and view files in your My Documents folder on your ppc with your pc. You can view other files not in your My Documents folder on your ppc while synced by putting your ppc in disk drive mode so your pc will "see" the other folders.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: Browse device on other computers on home wireless network

Good to know!! Cool horndoctor!! =]=]

Old 02-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

You can only do this wirelessly with a bluetooth connection between your ppc and pc using Activesync.
I use bluetooth all the time to browse/view/transfer pictures & files from PPC to laptop [Vista] and desktop [Win 7] all the time without using ActiveSync. It just shows up as another device under My Computer. Of course you need a bluetooth on the laptop or desktop. It's worth the small cost for a bluetooth transceiver.

Last edited by mastergadgets; 02-10-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergadgets
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

I use bluetooth all the time to browse/view/transfer pictures & files from PPC to laptop [Vista] and desktop [Win 7] all the time without using ActiveSync. It just shows up as another device under My Computer. Of course you need a bluetooth on the laptop or desktop. It's worth the small cost for a bluetooth transceiver.
Well, whether you realize it or not the Activesync software is still used when you are doing that. That's why it is usually always running in the background regardless of what you are doing.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Actually, thats wrong. Using the attached file, i can find my phone. Its comes with the 6.5 ROM also.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Network-Folder-Plugin.cab (74.4 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro
Actually, thats wrong. Using the attached file, i can find my phone. Its comes with the 6.5 ROM also.
I wonder though if you removed all of the Activesync software from your ppc if that would still work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2