PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Browse device on other computers on home wireless network (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140737)

tyhart44 02-09-2011 12:15 PM

Browse device on other computers on home wireless network

When connected to my home wireless network, I have been successful at using Resco File Explorer to view shared drives/directories on my laptops on my device, but I haven't been able to figure out how share drives/directories on my phone so that I can view them on my laptops.

I'm connecting my phone to my wireless network just like my other laptop, but for some reason it doesn't show up in the list of computers or devices connected in the Network view. Both laptops show up, but not the phone. Maybe I am oversimplifying, and I am certainly no network expert, but it would seem there should be a way to do this.

I'm running Vin's Neodium 1/3 if that matters. Thanks for your help.

horndoctor 02-09-2011 04:39 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

You can only do this wirelessly with a bluetooth connection between your ppc and pc using Activesync.
Otherwise, you can connect via USB cable and sync with your pc to sync and view files in your My Documents folder on your ppc with your pc. You can view other files not in your My Documents folder on your ppc while synced by putting your ppc in disk drive mode so your pc will "see" the other folders.

Tinkerbell 02-09-2011 10:32 PM

Re: Browse device on other computers on home wireless network

Good to know!! Cool horndoctor!! =]=]

mastergadgets 02-10-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2053772)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

You can only do this wirelessly with a bluetooth connection between your ppc and pc using Activesync.

I use bluetooth all the time to browse/view/transfer pictures & files from PPC to laptop [Vista] and desktop [Win 7] all the time without using ActiveSync. It just shows up as another device under My Computer. Of course you need a bluetooth on the laptop or desktop. It's worth the small cost for a bluetooth transceiver.

horndoctor 02-10-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastergadgets
Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2053772)

I use bluetooth all the time to browse/view/transfer pictures & files from PPC to laptop [Vista] and desktop [Win 7] all the time without using ActiveSync. It just shows up as another device under My Computer. Of course you need a bluetooth on the laptop or desktop. It's worth the small cost for a bluetooth transceiver.

Well, whether you realize it or not the Activesync software is still used when you are doing that. That's why it is usually always running in the background regardless of what you are doing. ;)

Talon Pro 02-12-2011 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Actually, thats wrong. Using the attached file, i can find my phone. Its comes with the 6.5 ROM also.

horndoctor 02-12-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon Pro
Actually, thats wrong. Using the attached file, i can find my phone. Its comes with the 6.5 ROM also.

I wonder though if you removed all of the Activesync software from your ppc if that would still work. :dontknow: