PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tomc585 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tp2 ringtone issue

For some reason I cant get my custom ringtones/notification files to show up in the sounds and notifications drop down menu. I see all the default files and I even see my recordings from the in-call recorder. I have dropped them into the windows root directory, sd-card root and I even placed them in the same folder as the default ringtones. I even went as far as overwriting a default tone but it still plays the default file. Running Neodium but this also happened with the Sprint stock 6.5 rom. Tried the mp3 trimmer but they arent showing up either.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1
Re: tp2 ringtone issue

I have all of mine in folder called Ringtones on root of card. I haven't used min in 7 months or so but ar the tones in mp3 format?
Old 02-08-2011, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i have tried wav, wma and mp3
Old 02-08-2011, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dont ask me how but or why but now I see them. I just kept over writing them all over the place and they now show up. WTF? This isnt the 1st time this has happened, I go through this everytime I reload a rom.

Last edited by tomc585; 02-08-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:40 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

glad you figured it out!

are the notification tones .wav and in "windows folder"(technically windows "root" is just on the device, not in any folder at all)?? - that wouldve been my response if I hadnt saw this answered

ringtones can be anywhere you want.. because all you do is find the mp3 or sound>press and hold> click use as ringtone.. Poof!! for contacts" go to the contact>add ringer here>now its part if the PIM.vol association and as long as the mp3 or tone doesnt leave its original spot - youll never lose the ringer to the contact... after a hard rest, just restore PIM, and as long as the tones are on the sd card, ringer works right away.. no need for registry/settings backup for it anymore..
Old 02-09-2011, 01:41 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Usually sounds and ringtones are in the Windows folder. They can also be in Windows/Rings or My Documents/My Ringtones.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Usually sounds and ringtones are in the Windows folder. They can also be in Windows/Rings or My Documents/My Ringtones.
i know but for the life of me i just dont know why the wernt showing up. I have them in all those places and all of a sudden they show up. I may try going in and removing them from each location and see when they vanish. I originaly put them in the default folder with the oem rings but they didnt show up. thanks for everyones help.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

When I had that problem, I had to do a soft boot before they coult be used.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yeah i did that also. what really got me nuts is when i overwrote an oem tone of the same file type (i know it overwrote because the file size changed) it still played the oem tone even after rebooting. still a mystery, just wish i knew what when wrong.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I always use 1 ringtone and 1 alarm from my sd card after each flash. I just copy/paste both. Ringtone to windows/rings and alarm to just windows, scroll to bottom and paste. Always show up where they are supposed to and work right away, never had to reset

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2