PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   tp2 ringtone issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140712)

tomc585 02-08-2011 05:41 PM

tp2 ringtone issue

For some reason I cant get my custom ringtones/notification files to show up in the sounds and notifications drop down menu. I see all the default files and I even see my recordings from the in-call recorder. I have dropped them into the windows root directory, sd-card root and I even placed them in the same folder as the default ringtones. I even went as far as overwriting a default tone but it still plays the default file. Running Neodium but this also happened with the Sprint stock 6.5 rom. Tried the mp3 trimmer but they arent showing up either.

Da Uniq 1 02-08-2011 05:51 PM

Re: tp2 ringtone issue

I have all of mine in folder called Ringtones on root of card. I haven't used min in 7 months or so but ar the tones in mp3 format?

tomc585 02-08-2011 05:56 PM

i have tried wav, wma and mp3

tomc585 02-08-2011 06:18 PM

dont ask me how but or why but now I see them. I just kept over writing them all over the place and they now show up. WTF? This isnt the 1st time this has happened, I go through this everytime I reload a rom.

boredandtattooed 02-08-2011 07:40 PM

glad you figured it out!

are the notification tones .wav and in "windows folder"(technically windows "root" is just on the device, not in any folder at all)?? - that wouldve been my response if I hadnt saw this answered

ringtones can be anywhere you want.. because all you do is find the mp3 or sound>press and hold> click use as ringtone.. Poof!! for contacts" go to the contact>add ringer here>now its part if the PIM.vol association and as long as the mp3 or tone doesnt leave its original spot - youll never lose the ringer to the contact... after a hard rest, just restore PIM, and as long as the tones are on the sd card, ringer works right away.. no need for registry/settings backup for it anymore..

horndoctor 02-09-2011 01:41 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Usually sounds and ringtones are in the Windows folder. They can also be in Windows/Rings or My Documents/My Ringtones.

tomc585 02-09-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2053458)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Usually sounds and ringtones are in the Windows folder. They can also be in Windows/Rings or My Documents/My Ringtones.

i know but for the life of me i just dont know why the wernt showing up. I have them in all those places and all of a sudden they show up. I may try going in and removing them from each location and see when they vanish. I originaly put them in the default folder with the oem rings but they didnt show up. thanks for everyones help.

mastergadgets 02-09-2011 10:46 AM

When I had that problem, I had to do a soft boot before they coult be used.

tomc585 02-09-2011 11:45 AM

yeah i did that also. what really got me nuts is when i overwrote an oem tone of the same file type (i know it overwrote because the file size changed) it still played the oem tone even after rebooting. still a mystery, just wish i knew what when wrong.

steveo70 02-10-2011 12:54 AM

I always use 1 ringtone and 1 alarm from my sd card after each flash. I just copy/paste both. Ringtone to windows/rings and alarm to just windows, scroll to bottom and paste. Always show up where they are supposed to and work right away, never had to reset