PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

TJenkins is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Device memory is full??

This is my first PDA and I have had the pdevice sense launch. This is my second TP2 but my overall experience has been good. Recently I have been getting warning messages saying that my memory is full and the device cannot download incoming messages. So I move all my documents, pictures, video, music, and notes to my memory card. I uninstall all apps and reinstall them on my memory card. I delete ALL my text messages and saved enough space for my device to download all my text messages that it couldnt reviece before hand. Well I am having the same warning a week later but I dont see where I can make any more space. I have no content in my documents folder and everything I use is on my memory card. I just dont understand what is taking up all my memory.

What else can I do?

FYI the warning message also says I need at least 1.5MB, and my device says I have a little over 5MB of free space...Help
Old 12-11-2010, 09:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 XV6875
Carrier: CMCC

alva is a n00b
Re: Device memory is full??

go to all messages-sms/mms-click menu-tools-options-storage, and you can see your main memory and storage card free space, also you can make "when available, use this storage card to store attachments" enable
Old 12-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Install ClearTemp and set it to clear the Application Data/HTC/HTC Album/Cache folder.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/windows-mo...n-storage.html

Some more tips:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-diamon...cally-low.html

Best to all,
R

*Sprint TP2 with a solid 6.5.x ROM by Vin255764 & Radio 2.32.00WU
Old 12-12-2010, 03:02 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

You could use an app like memmaid or sktools that has a storage analyzer that will show you how your memory is used.

Sounds like you could clean house more. It may be time for a hard reset.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:25 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

if you continue to have isssues, you may want to look into custom ROMs... they remove all the bloatware(freeing up more memory)... also the start menu replacments can save a variety of amounts of RAM as well...

just some things to look in to
Old 12-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

when you delete emails, they stay on your device in a deleted items folder. from yor email select menu, tools and empty deleted items. I had 50mb of deleted items at one point.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dljjackson is a n00b

I have just hard reset my touch pro 2 because of a text messaging issue but now I receive insufficient device memory error messages when trying to install programs and it tells me messages can't be downloaded because of insufficient memory

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2