PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 01:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: any ROMs that don't crash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
Wats this 'fansboy'?

No1 has mentioned yet but im a supporter of sharkies rom.

Sent from my MID using Tapatalk
Agree, Sharkies ROMs have always been smooth and stable plus lots of chef support.. its hard to tell someone what ROM is right. Try a few. All the chefs are in the trenches to support you and there are plenty of dedicated people in those forums too that will help you solve any bugs/problems encountered.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:27 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsyounot View Post
Are there any ROMs that don't crash? All I want in a stable ROM with some of the newer software. I like NGR ROM but no matter what version I flash it's unstable: resetting automatically, crashing after a voice all, etc...

Any other good suggestions. No fanboys please.

Thanks.
On a Touch Pro 2, I doubt it! Buy an Epic. Whoops, sorry Starting to sound like Spartan/exiled!

Sent from an Epic 3G on SERO
Old 02-07-2011, 06:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM
Carrier: Sprint

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have been using NRG roms for a long time now.
I had tried many different versions with Cookies Home tab which has nice eye-candy, but I found it crashed too often and caused slow-downs.

I use Wm 6.5 with Stock sense 2.5 - has mild eye candy
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting

Fast, stable, no crashes, battery life is great.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
On a Touch Pro 2, I doubt it! Buy an Epic. Whoops, sorry Starting to sound like Spartan/exiled!

WOW qué tarado! was this post even necessary? why do u ignorant fandroids feel that u must go into every thread and say that any other phone/platform is inferior to urs. find something more productive to do!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:13 AM
VFW Member

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
WOW qué tarado! was this post even necessary?
Yes, the O.P. wanted to know if there were any Roms that didn't crash. I was letting him/her know that there weren't.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:33 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Yes, the O.P. wanted to know if there were any Roms that didn't crash. I was letting him/her know that there weren't.

false information... been on sharkie roms since 1.2 now up to 3.4 an i never had a "crash". and b4 this rom, sprint lovers never crashed. all with 6.5.x and cht.

crashing can be caused by user rather than rom, ever think bout that?
Old 02-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:

there's plenty of ROMs for the TP2 that don't crash,and u never answered my question. I'm tired of u idiotic fandroids and wannabe fandroids doing ignorant things like this so get out of this thread.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:26 AM
VFW Member

Quote:
there's plenty of ROMs for the TP2 that don't crash,and u never answered my question. I'm tired of u idiotic fandroids and wannabe fandroids doing ignorant things like this so get out of this thread.

I still have a TP2 and every Rom i've tried will lock up at some point, requiring the infamous, remove back cover and use stylus to press reset. Its the nature of the beast.

I'm not an idiotic fandroid(I have a bachelors degree, you?), just someone who has moved on to a more stable and productive phone. Sorry if you still think the tp2 is the best thing since sliced bread!

Old 02-08-2011, 04:00 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway
Quote:

I still have a TP2 and every Rom i've tried will lock up at some point, requiring the infamous, remove back cover and use stylus to press reset. Its the nature of the beast.

I'm not an idiotic fandroid(I have a bachelors degree, you?), just someone who has moved on to a more stable and productive phone. Sorry if you still think the tp2 is the best thing since sliced bread!

Don't you have something better to do than jump into a thread and try to antagonize others?

As far as your TP2 experience, operator error in my opinion.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Banned User

Quote:

you probly must not have never tried a 21916 ROM, those are stable and only lock up on me maybe twice a week at the most,kinda like the 6.1 ROMs, also keep in mind that the hardware in the epic is alot newer than that in the TP2, so of course things will be faster and such, so yea try again

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
rom, stable