PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Changing a Registry Key Automatically on Startup. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140625)

Robert's PDA 02-06-2011 03:37 AM

Changing a Registry Key Automatically on Startup.

Hi everyone. Trying to find a way (if possible) to automatically change a registry key every time the device reboots. Every time I reboot I have to go in and change one registry key manually, I know it's not that bad but I would love it if it could do it by itself. The key is to Enable Audio Booster without using a headset (I use a stereo bluetooth).

The key is: HKLM/System/State/Hardware/Headset

The default is 0, and I have to change it to 1 after a reboot.

quick99si 02-06-2011 08:34 AM

Re: Changing a Registry Key Automatically on Startup.

Mortscript can do this with relative ease along with placing the resulting script in Windows/Startup (it can be done via notifications as well, but the Startup directory is easier as well as more compatible with Sashimi/XDA_UC)

Here is the Mortscript Manual that will teach you how to set registry keys: HTML manual for MortScript - xda-developers

You can also set it to wipe out that pesky oversized HTC Album cache folder (Device/Application Data/HTC Album/cache) :)

Robert's PDA 02-06-2011 06:33 PM

Thanks Quick, I don't know anything about creating scripts but there's no harm in trying. I might learn something new! I hope I can figure it out. Thanks again. By the way, that album cache, why would I want to delete it? Wouldn't it just rebuild itself the next time I looked at the "Photos & Videos" tab?

Robert's PDA 02-06-2011 08:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I looked at some scripts that were close to what I wanted and just through trial & error whittled it down to what I needed & it worked!

For anyone who wants it I posted the file here, because I can't be the only one who needs this. You just need to place it in the "StartUp" folder. I named the file ABWBTH.mscr (Audio Booster With Bluetooth Headset).

The Script is very simple:

RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\State\Hardware", "Headset",1)

quick99si 02-06-2011 09:04 PM

Nice man, glad you got it working. As far as HTC's cache, yes it does rebuild itself, but I rather have it rebuild in pieces than use 18-20mb of phone storage on me. That's a lot of space on this device if you do storage intensive things like record phone calls.

Robert's PDA 02-07-2011 06:43 AM

Hey Quick, I started to work on a script to clear out the HTC Album folder on startup but I found a much simpler way. Since I already have & use "Space Reclaimer" I used that. It allows you to do many things during startup including clearing out folders. The software cost $9 but I've had it since I was using Windows Mobile 2003 & it still works just fine. It does what you want it to do then closes itself. I never used that option before (deleting everything in a folder) but now I guess I will.

That software can be found here: ValkSoft Space Reclaimer

quick99si 02-07-2011 11:36 AM

Thanks for the pointer, but this thread has inspired me to make my own script with a few settings and file/directory removals at Windows startup. Some of my backups apps leave unsightly traces behind that I'm tired of seeing lol

But yeah, mortscript has fuctions like delete (file/folder), DelTree, RmDir, copy/move, etc.. Now if only I could upload my backups to my FTP server, I'd be pretty set!