PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint didn't give me a SIM (UIM/RIM)

I'm one of the lucky ones who got their (5th!) original Touch Pro replaced with the TP2. Loving my phone but whenever I install a custom taskbar, it shows the no sim icon on the taskbar so I went to get a SIM card at my local sprint store, and the guy didn't know how to take the battery cover off. He had unsurprisingly never seen a TP2 in his life, nor a sprint phone with a slot for a SIM card (!). He gave me the number for Sprint International and told me they could ship me one, got transferred to multiple departments, all of which told me I was speaking with the wrong department. Can anyone (maybe a sprint employee who could take my information and get one shipped to me?!) help me out with where to get a SIM card? It'll keep you busy and pass the time waiting for the HSPL i promise...Thanks in advance!
Old 10-23-2009, 08:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Re: Sprint didn't give me a SIM (UIM/RIM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
I'm one of the lucky ones who got their (5th!) original Touch Pro replaced with the TP2. Loving my phone but whenever I install a custom taskbar, it shows the no sim icon on the taskbar so I went to get a SIM card at my local sprint store, and the guy didn't know how to take the battery cover off. He had unsurprisingly never seen a TP2 in his life, nor a sprint phone with a slot for a SIM card (!). He gave me the number for Sprint International and told me they could ship me one, got transferred to multiple departments, all of which told me I was speaking with the wrong department. Can anyone (maybe a sprint employee who could take my information and get one shipped to me?!) help me out with where to get a SIM card? It'll keep you busy and pass the time waiting for the HSPL i promise...Thanks in advance!
wow going in circles typical sprint Id say call retentions and see if you can get anywhere with them Tell them enough is enough
Old 10-23-2009, 08:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Did you get a NIB or refurb?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Can someone help me out and tell me the code to see that menu again? I think it was a refurb because I didn't get a retail box, just a phone.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:53 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

##778# Thanks T M Z
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Thanks tmz. Alright! I got a brand new one. Still no SIM though, haha. Anyone got some help for me?
Old 10-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
Can someone help me out and tell me the code to see that menu again? I think it was a refurb because I didn't get a retail box, just a phone.
##786# Many people when replaced to the TP 2 from the TP got brand new phones, but they did not come in a box or anything. Just phone and battery.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:13 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Have you physically checked for the SIM card underneath the battery?
Old 10-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Yes I have, it is indeed missing. Weird that the icon only shows when I install a custom taskbar though.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D + Vogue

leylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

get one on ebay, it can be as cheap as $2.50

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2