PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint TP2, exchanges?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140553)

prodigy215 02-03-2011 10:20 PM

Sprint TP2, exchanges??

I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2 and my keyboard stopped working out of no where, even after hard reset. I know they are going to give me a Phone Swap because i have the full insurance (TEP). But is the Touch Pro 2 still in stock? Or will i have to get a exchange for a Different phone??

Reply asap. thanks

eric12341 02-03-2011 10:54 PM

Re: Sprint TP2, exchanges??

No u will not and the TP2 is even still bein sold by sprint. and was this thread even necessary ? there was already a thread that answered ur question. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...-days-tp2.html

info[]box1 02-03-2011 11:12 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; PC36100 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Yes you will get a tp2:

Touch pro 2 are still sprints flagship window mobile device cause its international, business solution and they don't have a window7 yet.

Agreed thread unnecessary next time search and bump/revive an old thread. Alot of us still Lurk to help and answer random questions.

Anti-flame reply

eric12341 02-04-2011 12:41 AM

my post wasn't intended to flame.those posts dont answer the question that was asked

Recursion 02-04-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prodigy215 (Post 2050602)
I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2 and my keyboard stopped working out of no where, even after hard reset. I know they are going to give me a Phone Swap because i have the full insurance (TEP). But is the Touch Pro 2 still in stock? Or will i have to get a exchange for a Different phone??

Reply asap. thanks

If you go to a repair center, ask to get a new phone, not a refurbished one. Ask nicely, say please a lot, and they might help you out.

boredandtattooed 02-04-2011 12:13 PM

this is where that $10/fee starts to hurt people.... soon as you activate said replacement phone, your going to start being charged $10/month extra... too bad it didnt break 4 days ago OP

puff601 02-04-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 2050854)
this is where that $10/fee starts to hurt people.... soon as you activate said replacement phone, your going to start being charged $10/month extra... too bad it didnt break 4 days ago OP

damn now that sucks... i think I will be needing a replacement soon. my keyboard is getting noisy and sticks sometimes. looks like I will be talking to them and try to get the fee waived

boredandtattooed 02-04-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff601 (Post 2050871)
damn now that sucks... i think I will be needing a replacement soon. my keyboard is getting noisy and sticks sometimes. looks like I will be talking to them and try to get the fee waived

ill be honest, I seriously debated smashing the screens on ALL 5 of my smartphones, just to have new replacements before that fee went into effect.. odds are the 3 TP1s wouldve been turned into TP2s for free even, but I didnt do it..

eric12341 02-04-2011 06:12 PM

ppl need to stop complaining about that $10 fee, we still are paying less than everyone else.

Mojary 02-04-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 2050854)

that is incorrect based on this FAQ from Sprint Plans: What's there to know about the $10 Smartphone Premium Data Add-on?

as long as the original phone being replaced by warranty or insurance was activated prior to 01/30/11, the replacement phone will not be subject to the $10 fee.

and OP...agree with what Recursion posted. take your defective device to a Sprint repair center near your area. they will look at it and since you have insurance, they'll give you a replacement. when my tp2 wigged out on me last year, i took it to a repair center/store. once they looked at it and checked if i have insurance, they just gave me another device right out of the box.