PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

vargo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Asurion claim

I knew this day will happen... I broke my TP2, the screen is shot. I blame my dog but lets not go there.

I have VZW and the Asurion people are offering me the Samsung Omnia 2 for 89 dollars.

I been doing lots of research on the phone and I do see some good and some bad.

Bad, The lack of good roms and lack of RAM speed.

Good, 8gb of memory better camera...

My VZW 2 year upgrade is not in till Nov 11th 2011.

I want some input on what you think about the Omnia 2.
Any feedback will help

thanks.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I'd take it but I don't use the physical keyboard much on my TP2.
Too bad they don't have any more TP2s.

You could get the Omnia2 and sell it or trade it for a used Verizon TP2.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: Asurion claim

Not that it's much help but I had the original Omnia and it was a great phone. There is also potential other ROM's at other sites, not just here, not that I'm telling you to go elsewhere for it, but there is that option. I personally would grab it for $89, it doesn't mean you're signing up for a new contract, and then try to trade/sell it for a TP2 like HD said.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Thanks guys for the help... I will think about the selling aspect of it. But I will give it try and see how I would like it. I did find some ROMS but much to choose from. I will miss the Energy's ROMS the most. Ether way Its been fun hanging out in the TP2 forum.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

treadwayj is keeping up the good worktreadwayj is keeping up the good work

under the category of curiosity killed the cat, has anyone tried saying that since the TP2 is a world phone with a keyboard that either the Droid 2 Global or Droid Pro should be eligible replacements?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadwayj
under the category of curiosity killed the cat, has anyone tried saying that since the TP2 is a world phone with a keyboard that either the Droid 2 Global or Droid Pro should be eligible replacements?
Keep dreaming!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadwayj View Post
You make a very good point. I should of thought about that before I committed to the Omnia 2.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

no way they'd do that.(replace tp2 with new R2D2s) and by the way its conditional tense so its would instead of will. i thought the omnia 2 had the same specs as the tp2 (almost)
Old 02-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

F8L WS6 is a n00b

They tried to give me a different phone saying they had no more TP2s left. I told them no. 2 days later I had a refurb TP2.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:19 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8L WS6 View Post
They tried to give me a different phone saying they had no more TP2s left. I told them no. 2 days later I had a refurb TP2.
Interesting... but how long ago?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2