PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 12:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Asurion claim

I never heard of Asurion selling phones like this. It has always been refurb replacement, NIB replacement, or similar options.

Does the $89 sit on top of the $100 claim charge?
Old 02-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

That is a good point!! How odd...
Old 02-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

F8L WS6 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell_ View Post
Interesting... but how long ago?
This was about 1 week ago. They will offer you to wait for one on backorder and that you have to wait about 2 days until they get one in. But after I hung up the phone later that day I had an email come in that my phone shipped!
Old 02-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

I understand this is a VZW topic .. but im on sprint , i figured i post in here instead of starting a new thread . Its related to the insurance claims ..

My issue ..
Does not sync to computer anymore ... the plug on the TP2 is shot , ive tried numerous cables . all having the same result .. i cant get a warrenty claim because somehow my stupid moisture sensor got tripped .. never had it near a body of water however i have had to reset during a rainstorm .. but there is nothing wrong with it other than the plug . actually i lie , my keyboard and front panel buttons sometimes just randomly stop working .. except for the end key .. even after reseting the device it still doesnt work . this has happened on stock ROM as well ..

All in all , i feel as i got a crappy Referb from my last warranty swap..

My question being , should i try to get it repaired ? or just get a new phone via insurance ?
Does sprint still have TP2s??? i would hate to part with it tbh .. unless im upgrading to a Evo or Epic .. but they wont do that lol
Old 02-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

vargo is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
I understand this is a VZW topic .. but im on sprint , i figured i post in here instead of starting a new thread . Its related to the insurance claims ..
(CUT for space)
Does sprint still have TP2s??? i would hate to part with it tbh .. unless im upgrading to a Evo or Epic .. but they wont do that lol
I was told that if your water mark show any sign of water then its not covered under warranty no matter what.. I say ether, Price what it would cost to fix it and then price how much insurance claim will cost you. Go from there.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None

hammester is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post

My issue ..
Does not sync to computer anymore ... the plug on the TP2 is shot , ive tried numerous cables . all having the same result .. i cant get a warrenty claim because somehow my stupid moisture sensor got tripped .. never had it near a body of water however i have had to reset during a rainstorm .. but there is nothing wrong with it other than the plug . actually i lie , my keyboard and front panel buttons sometimes just randomly stop working .. except for the end key .. even after reseting the device it still doesnt work . this has happened on stock ROM as well ..

My question being , should i try to get it repaired ? or just get a new phone via insurance ?
I would try to get it repaired. Just because a sticker is tripped does not mean they can deny the repair, they have to physically open it up and prove there is actually water damage.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

My issue ..

If you can get it replaced under insurance then I recommend you do that because it sounds like you have a few problems there. If you can't then get it repaired.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8L WS6 View Post
This was about 1 week ago. They will offer you to wait for one on backorder and that you have to wait about 2 days until they get one in. But after I hung up the phone later that day I had an email come in that my phone shipped!
Well, that is good to know. Thank you for the information! I would rather wait for another TP2 myself. =]=]
Old 02-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

If you can get it replaced under insurance then I recommend you do that because it sounds like you have a few problems there. If you can't then get it repaired.
Ive had the button and keyboard problem for a while . is there anyway when getting a new phone that i can request a brand new one instead of a refurb ?
Old 02-04-2011, 03:07 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammester View Post
I would try to get it repaired. Just because a sticker is tripped does not mean they can deny the repair, they have to physically open it up and prove there is actually water damage.
Florida is the only state i know for certain(theres probably only a few others at best) that have a Specific Law stating the Moisture Sensor can not be the only thing to base it on and requires further inquiry..

Therefore any state other than those with this specific law Can Be refused repair service based Soley on the Moisture Indicator.... also Sprint or Any carrier has the right to refuse you service for any reason, insured or not.. thats just any Business owners right..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2