PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 02:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

themaster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet Sharing?

I'm noticing a pattern here.. I've tried 3 rom's recently.. 12.29.10.Plutonium and Feb.10.2011.Neodium and now MightyROM 06-2010

And in each rom.. I've noticed that "Internet Sharing" doesn't automatically launch on connect in all 3 rom's.. like the USB to PC doesn't fix.. or the prompt doesn't fix it (after you select internet sharing as default) what I do know is a data connection of a type is established (maybe activesync) but activesync is not setup?

So I wonder if it's like a 6.5.x bug or something.. I don't know.. is maybe activesync running in the background doing it?

Maybe my rom is corrupt? and I should re-flash to stock?

But my old rom mightyrom 03-2010 it always worked.. (maybe cause I broke it in.. dunno? ) but I ran it fine that way for a year.. it was only getting "mode of operation" and "roaming" option that got me motivated to get a new rom.. (it had some random crash's too but not super bad)
Old 04-04-2011, 02:50 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I suggest flash shipped or Task29 then reflash the rom of your choice.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:54 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Internet Sharing?

I've never experienced that on vins rom or any rom for that matter whenever I tethered which was rare. try above suggestion.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:15 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

try this first..
soft reset after install..
Attached Files
File Type: cab Internet Sharing FIX.cab (3.9 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

themaster is a n00b

To be clear the internet sharing will work automatically if.. I'm sitting on the usb to pc screen and choose "internet sharing" done.. then it auto connects..

But if I'm on the home screen and just plug-in etc. the computer creates some sort of data connect (non-working activesync maybe.. that isn't even setup) and doesn't launch internet sharing/auto connect
Old 04-06-2011, 05:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

themaster is a n00b

Nope cab didn't work.. guess there's only flash to stock than..?

The "internet sharing" isn't really the problem.. it's the USB to PC or activesync.. that seems to be the problem it's not launching the Internet sharing like it's supposed to..

And the connection that is established the second the phone is plugged in is.. one where if activesync is installed it recognizes the phone.. or without "windows mobile device center 6.1" it brings up the drives for sharing.. (internal storage/sd card)

Also the USB to PC works.. if I don't use the default check.. meaning if I say PROMPT me everytime.. it works!

But I put that check in.. than it goes dead on input..

I tried turning off USB sync in activesync.. that didn't fix.. but it did stop the data connections from working..

So any ideas about USB to PC and this problem..?? I don't think a stock rom is going to fix this.. seen this response on 3 rom's so if someone tells me they can get it to work on one of these 3 above rom's (defaults to Internet Sharing) than I'll go with that and re-flash

I'm guessing this problem was developed between my old rom and whatever changes were made between it and the new rom.. that's my guess.. dunno..

To make it clear were talking about the "auto-connect" feature.. where USB to PC automatically launches sharing internet via "internet sharing" it works with PROMPT.. doesn't even launch (USB to PC) without

Last edited by themaster; 04-06-2011 at 06:16 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster View Post
Nope cab didn't work.. guess there's only flash to stock than..?

The "internet sharing" isn't really the problem.. it's the USB to PC or activesync.. that seems to be the problem it's not launching the Internet sharing like it's supposed to..

And the connection that is established the second the phone is plugged in is.. one where if activesync is installed it recognizes the phone.. or without "windows mobile device center 6.1" it brings up the drives for sharing.. (internal storage/sd card)

Also the USB to PC works.. if I don't use the default check.. meaning if I say PROMPT me everytime.. it works!

But I put that check in.. than it goes dead on input..

I tried turning off USB sync in activesync.. that didn't fix.. but it did stop the data connections from working..

So any ideas about USB to PC and this problem..?? I don't think a stock rom is going to fix this.. seen this response on 3 rom's so if someone tells me they can get it to work on one of these 3 above rom's (defaults to Internet Sharing) than I'll go with that and re-flash

I'm guessing this problem was developed between my old rom and whatever changes were made between it and the new rom.. that's my guess.. dunno..

To make it clear were talking about the "auto-connect" feature.. where USB to PC automatically launches sharing internet via "internet sharing" it works with PROMPT.. doesn't even launch (USB to PC) without
I'm not sure which Internet Sharing you are using. Before you plug in your cable, start you ICS application,then select "Connect", then plug in your cable.

Last edited by mastergadgets; 04-06-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

themaster is a n00b

It's supposed to auto hit that "connect" button.. I'm saying it only works 1 way..

USB to PC won't even bring up internet sharing if I turn off the prompt..

The check is "Ask me first about USB connections when I connect the device to the PC" unchecking.. does nothing
Old 04-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I suggest flash shipped or Task29 then reflash the rom of your choice.
Did you try this?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Did you try this?

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2