PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DX2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

three west is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to three west
Re: Weather at GPS location

tried your fix first eric, that didn't work (at least this time, seems like I've used that before)
Old 02-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by three west
tried your fix first eric, that didn't work (at least this time, seems like I've used that before)
Have you tried running Update Profile and PRL? Maybe that would help.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DX2
Threadstarter

three west is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to three west
Lightbulb Re: Weather at GPS location

well this didn't ever bother me enough to hard reset, today I travelled in a different direction, and about an hour away from home it started working again, and then worked in Minneapolis, and Vegas.

I'm going to say its an issue with my local provider.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

or maybe with the custom database ur using
Old 03-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
or maybe with the custom database ur using
Good Point Eric. Glad it is working there now though!! =]

Old 03-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Good Point Eric. Glad it is working there now though!! =]
yea its always the people who use those custom databases that have these problems. i dont see the point in using one so i usually dont bother with it. especially since i have about 10 to 12 days left on this phone. hows that ROM coming along?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
yea its always the people who use those custom databases that have these problems. i dont see the point in using one so i usually dont bother with it. especially since i have about 10 to 12 days left on this phone. hows that ROM coming along?
Yes, I agree with that. Glad to hear that your upgrade is so close on the horizon!! =]=]
I have been focusing my efforts on this Titan Beta Rom here lately... So the TP2 is still a ways out. Thank you for your encouragement about it though!! I enjoyed your profile message the other day as well!! It is so nice to have people who care!!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I will never suffer from a hard reset every again.
Instructions
Hard reset
Install all your stuff. Get it "just" the way you like it.
SPB Backup.
DONE.

now when it borks on you you can hard reset RUN SPB restore and your DONE exactly the way you had it (don't forget to run PIMBACKUP whenever you change stuff like contacts etc..) I run it weekly.

BTW whats a custom database and why use it? whats the purpose?
Old 03-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Banned User

i dont even use PIMBACKUP i jus use exchange activesync with this live.com account i created especially for this purpose and for my wp7 upgrade jus days away. custom databases allow for different cities to be added for weather updates other than the ones already included, however the problem with them is the servers they update from go out. thats y theres so many threads about this problem.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I prefer to retain physical control over my data. uploading it to someone I don't trust (microsoft live.com) is just well does not cross me as a good idea. Plus with a hard copy if something goes wrong in anyway with internet or whatever I can still do what I need to do.

Hmm I have never once had the weather app "NOT" detect the exact city I am in with its default location based capacity.

do you live in an area where it does not properly detect the city your in? or are you using a different weather service all together for some reason? (I am curious ie maybe there is a reason I should want to use it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
gps, my location, weather