PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Problem after RAM sweep (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140442)

aammiitt 02-01-2011 09:55 AM

Problem after RAM sweep

Hi all... I am experiencing a very weird situation with my TP2 after I ran RAM sweep yesterday. I am running 6.5 Energy ROM (Dinik), I just tried to clear some RAM and so ran RAN sweeper. Since then I can't see my storage card at all. I did soft-reset... hard shutdown...still NO storage card. Infact when I went to check my camera... the option for storage is also grayed out (and only default main memory is selected).
Infact so many softwares that I had installed on the storage card have missing icons and dead links now.

Any suggestions and help is appreciated.
Thanks again
Cheers!

mastergadgets 02-01-2011 11:11 AM

Re: Problem after RAM sweep

Quote:

Originally Posted by aammiitt (Post 2048948)
Hi all... I am experiencing a very weird situation with my TP2 after I ran RAM sweep yesterday. I am running 6.5 Energy ROM (Dinik), I just tried to clear some RAM and so ran RAN sweeper. Since then I can't see my storage card at all. I did soft-reset... hard shutdown...still NO storage card. Infact when I went to check my camera... the option for storage is also grayed out (and only default main memory is selected).
Infact so many softwares that I had installed on the storage card have missing icons and dead links now.

Any suggestions and help is appreciated.
Thanks again
Cheers!

Can you read the SD card on your computer?

horndoctor 02-01-2011 12:50 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Try removing your card and soft reset. Then after it boots wait a min and then power down.
Then insert your card and turn your device back on and see if it shows up.

aammiitt 02-01-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastergadgets (Post 2048970)
Can you read the SD card on your computer?

I will find out in a few hrs when I get to my computer... will let you know... I know that's the 1st step in narrowing this down.

Thanks...appreciate.

eric12341 02-01-2011 04:09 PM

maybe try a different ROM. don't think RAM sweeper would mess up a card.

puff601 02-01-2011 04:26 PM

ive been on energyrom/dinik since october and I always use ram sweeper. ive never had this issue. what version of ram sweeper do you have and what all is in your ram sweeper txt file?

aammiitt 02-02-2011 09:50 AM

K guys.. thanks a lot for your help and suggestions.
I tried hooking up the microSD to my PC to see if I could access the data.. well... it was very strange.. it would show up for a second and then drop out. The PC wouldn't see it... so it was very eratic. Which lead me to believe the card was failing.
Then I ran some smartcard formatter by constantly connecting / disconnecting the card ... just when the PC recognized the card, I ran the "format" command ... but it was stuck half way thru... and then the PC would not see it again!

Well.. my conclusion... the card went bad. Yes it is a loss of data... personal pics etc.... but atleast I am not kicking myself that RAM sweeper did it.. as you guys say so!

Thanks once again...
Cheers!

mastergadgets 02-02-2011 10:37 AM

Sorry you lost all your data. I backup my SD card once a month so if mine goes bad, I will still have most of the data.

Tinkerbell 02-02-2011 11:06 AM

Thanks for the reminder. I better get a backup routine started here!! =O

aammiitt 02-02-2011 12:19 PM

Yes... from my experience... I urge you all to periodically back-up your SD cards!

Cheers :)