PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru
Slide THEN PIN? I don't need 2 lockscreens, just the PIN one!

I'm using Energy ROM and have been for over a year. I recently had a reason to need to pin lock my phone. I used to use the Android style lockscreen included in the ROM, but haven't for awhile now and it's not pocket dialing I'm really worried about.

Here's my problem. I set the PIN lock feature, then turn off the phone. When I turn it back on I have to slide the Android style lock slider and then the PIN lock comes up and I have to put in my PIN.

The doubling of lockscreens is super redundant. I'm sure it's a WinMo thing, not an Energy ROM problem. Question is... who knows how to fix it? I can't seem to find the answer on this one. A few years back I had a WinMo phone that I used the PIN lock on. When I would turn on the screen the PIN lock would come up.

How do I get rid of this extra step? I don't need a slide lock AND a PIN lock.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Slide THEN PIN? I don't need 2 lockscreens, just the PIN one!

I'm sure its the other way around because my TP2 on vins rom doesn't auto slide lock itself.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:31 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

That's the way it works on 6.5,6.5.x.removing it from Rom will give you simple 6.1-ish lockscreen-white backgrownd with big blue buttons.probably easier to turn off the PIN feature in settings
Old 01-31-2011, 11:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!
Threadstarter

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

Well, as to the first response... I had no locks set. Then enabled the PIN lock and set a PIN. Then turned off the screen and when it came back up the slide lock was there, so I slid it. THEN the PIN lock came up. I just don't need the slider...

And on the second response... I don't want to do away with the PIN lock, I need it. Just don't need a lock screen prior to it coming up every time I power on the screen.

Any ideas anyone?
Old 01-31-2011, 11:54 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubguru
Well, as to the first response... I had no locks set. Then enabled the PIN lock and set a PIN. Then turned off the screen and when it came back up the slide lock was there, so I slid it. THEN the PIN lock came up. I just don't need the slider...

And on the second response... I don't want to do away with the PIN lock, I need it. Just don't need a lock screen prior to it coming up every time I power on the screen.

Any ideas anyone?
Like Vin said, that's just the way the stock lock works on 6.5 or 6.5.x unless it is removed from the rom.
If you want to stay with that rom I suggest you disable the stock lock and install a seperate locking app like pocketshield or maybe since you are mainly concerned with security try Crimson Lock. Look over on xda or a google search should suffice.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
paranoia