PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 09:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

awmiscool is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cleanest and Fastest ROM?

I went from the HTC touch pro to the Samsung moment and back to a TP2. I hate android and the original touch pro isn't big enough. I like titanium. I hate how every ROM I see is flashy and comes with a bunch of crap installed. I want something light and quick that I, myself, can load with .cabs.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:19 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

awmiscool is a n00b
Re: Cleanest and Fastest ROM?

I'm going to class for the next 3 hours. My TP2 better be here today as well as a decent response! I checked out alot of the roms here and they all seem flashy and packed with UI crap that slows it down.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2 Vindows plutonium Rom
Carrier: sprint

cganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

vin's rom neodium.. bar none
Old 01-31-2011, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: AT&T

highc is just getting started

Take this one

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting

Titanium (ROMs for raw speed!)
This is a minimal ROM version without Sense in it. It's used primarily for people that like to customize the default 6.5 homescreen (Titanium)
You can use it to install alternate homescreen interfaces like SPB Mobile Shell, etc
Very low memory footprint and good battery life, but very simple and lacks a lot of features that you would otherwise have available in Sense...

Looking at the download folder you will find two core versions of the ROM.

A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy

A 29007 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ?

Have Fun
Old 01-31-2011, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

jrebo is keeping up the good workjrebo is keeping up the good work

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...i-carrier.html The 6.5 version is a stock looking, clean, fast rom.

My next suggestion would be +1 for Vin's 6.5.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

monkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by awmiscool View Post
I'm going to class for the next 3 hours. My TP2 better be here today as well as a decent response! I checked out alot of the roms here and they all seem flashy and packed with UI crap that slows it down.
First off you posted in the wrong section and secondly, you ain't making much friends with those comments. Every rom has its supporters and this question, similar to the best rom question isn't going anywhere. If you want recommendation to "A FAST AND LIGHT ROM", then that's different. So like one of the other users, I give my recommendation to Vin's naked neo for 6.5 and vin's naked pluto for 6.5.x. You can always add spb or whatever else on top for additional gui functions.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

you could try http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-development/138535-rom-12-30-10-6-5-userrom-21916-barebones.html?highlight=kitchen It has its bugs but im working on them . ive solved one of them . i give vin his credit . but i myself could never get attached to his ROM . thats why i decided to create my own . its litterally barebones . completely empty . just has the bare neccessities to get things working . its a ROM where you may add eye candy if you please . and yeah your in the wrong section dude :/
Old 01-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jtown4321 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by awmiscool View Post
Better be here or else what? You're going to have to wait longer? You're going to have to try something out on your own and make your own decision? Damn, both sound like horrible, horrible things to have happen. I hope for your sake everything goes as you have demanded!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

awmiscool is a n00b

Thanks for the help, looks like its vin's rom for sure. Jtown your post really helped as well.. Oh wait, no it didn't.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

1) vin's neodium
2)lead rom senseless
3)kenio rom
4)user ROM

and wrong section

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2