PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

elcapo24682 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cleanest and Fastest ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid1 View Post
can you post a link? I can't find where to get it. Thank you.
the link was in mwalt's post above but HERE It is again. However I'm not quite sure if u are ready to flash a rom yet. Try the advice I gave u in the first thread u posted for awhile and see how they work for u.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MrBigKid is becoming a great contributor

Task 29 is a flash utility that will completely wipe your phone before flashing a real rom. Pay no attention to juvenile idiots that think it is funny to misinform noobies.

My vote would be for Vin’s as well.

MBK
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

htcpro25 is a n00b

Hey I got news for you amwiscool. jtown's reply was not to help you decide on a rom, it was to let you know you need to learn how to speak to people properly. otherwise you may come across as an illiterate, whiny, demanding, snotty nosed, little, brat. Go back to class and get yourself educated. Hey just kidding with you bro u iscool and bad to the bone... oh wait, no your not.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigKid View Post
Task 29 is a flash utility that will completely wipe your phone before flashing a real rom. Pay no attention to juvenile idiots that think it is funny to misinform noobies.

My vote would be for Vin’s as well.

MBK
that's a bit harsh?

He was demanding advice from us, that's a big mistake to demand advice from ANY forum community. nOOb or not.

I went from Energy to Vin's Rom.

I like it way better! less buggy and faster!

After you learn how to flash, unlock and stuff. Get android!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc touch pro
Carrier: Cricket

bugsyounot is just getting started

I like putting rude people in their place, but keep in mind the rest of the people that need advise.

I use VINdows too, and it's the best ROM I've tried.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...6-28244-a.html

Energy is cool, but crashes way too much, like several times a day. My friends were always laughing at me because my phone never worked. I was always taking out the battery.

I've been using VINdows for like 2 months and it only crashed once. I installed the %1 battery cab and Cookie, and now it's almost perfect.

But I found one major problem....the alarm clock notification doesn't come up like it should. Instead you have to touch the top bar, click the notification, and then click snooze or dismiss. It's perfect if you want to wake up (because its such a pain), but it sucks if you want to snooze a few times.

VINdows works so well that its rarely updated, its been months now, so there no newer ROM that fixes this. I wish there was a fix.

But if you don't use the alarm function to wake up then you'll love VINdows.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsyounot View Post
I like putting rude people in their place, but keep in mind the rest of the people that need advise.

I use VINdows too, and it's the best ROM I've tried.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...6-28244-a.html

Energy is cool, but crashes way too much, like several times a day. My friends were always laughing at me because my phone never worked. I was always taking out the battery.

I've been using VINdows for like 2 months and it only crashed once. I installed the %1 battery cab and Cookie, and now it's almost perfect.

But I found one major problem....the alarm clock notification doesn't come up like it should. Instead you have to touch the top bar, click the notification, and then click snooze or dismiss. It's perfect if you want to wake up (because its such a pain), but it sucks if you want to snooze a few times.

VINdows works so well that its rarely updated, its been months now, so there no newer ROM that fixes this. I wish there was a fix.

But if you don't use the alarm function to wake up then you'll love VINdows.
I agree with your post.
But the problem you have, is in many roms.
There is a cab already for that.

Here is my version of the cab that I added some registry settings,
So it would work on both 6.5 and 6.5.x
Enjoy : )
Old 04-01-2011, 12:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc touch pro
Carrier: Cricket

bugsyounot is just getting started

First I want to thank you for your help.

Right now I'm trying out the freeware version of G-Alarm (v1.5.1). It seems to have all the options I'd want, including 'shake to snooze':
PocketPCFreeware : G-Alarm 1.5.1

One issue worth noting, you do need to link each alarm to a mp3 file, which I thought was a pain until I found this website of bird sounds on mp3, free for personal use. Now I'm going to wake up to song birds every morning; it'll be like camping everyday, so nice:
Bird Sounds Library
Old 04-01-2011, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: sprint

domoarigato is a n00b

if you want fastest, the GEN Y dual boot rom (intended for android use) is the fastest bar none. the only problem is that it is literally stripped to nothing. only basic phone functions are left, and sms.

it boots in a matter of seconds too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2