PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 10:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jlc403 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need to to enable or toggle 1x only mode

As the thread title says, I need to enable 1x only on my touch pro 2. I am running 6.1

The old cabs that did it on the diamond and touch pro don't seem to work on the tp 2 because of the different phone menu...

I searched, but have not found the answer anywhere...

Thanks,

Josh
Old 01-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009
Re: Need to to enable or toggle 1x only mode

I second this, I would like this same feature available.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint model)
Carrier: Cricket

ejdavis72 is keeping up the good workejdavis72 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
I second this, I would like this same feature available.
Do you have Mortscript installed too? I wouldn't think that it would be any different from a Pro to a Diamond cause if you have the toggle and mortscript installed it should put it in the programs menu. Then you just need to do the regedit to have the mode of operation in your phone/service settings. Hope this helps
Old 01-24-2010, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

like roam only? is that what your looking for?

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 01-24-2010, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint model)
Carrier: Cricket

ejdavis72 is keeping up the good workejdavis72 is keeping up the good work

Oh crap I don't even know why I was thinking that's what you were talking about. Anyway if you just want to enable 1x just go into your regedit program and go to HKLM/software/OEM/phonesetting/hiddenmodeoperation. and change the 1 to a 0 on hiddenmodeoperationpage THEN it will be an option when you go into your settings/personal/phone/services.

Hope this helps
Old 01-24-2010, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejdavis72 View Post
Oh crap I don't even know why I was thinking that's what you were talking about. Anyway if you just want to enable 1x just go into your regedit program and go to HKLM/software/OEM/phonesetting/hiddenmodeoperation. and change the 1 to a 0 on hiddenmodeoperationpage THEN it will be an option when you go into your settings/personal/phone/services.

Hope this helps
lol you took my thunder...good show....lmao
Old 01-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejdavis72 View Post

Hope this helps
I used to use this regedit before with my TP1 but it no longer works on the TP2 as the O.P. says, ive been looking for a long time for a workaround and i cant seem to find one.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:39 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
I used to use this regedit before with my TP1 but it no longer works on the TP2 as the O.P. says, ive been looking for a long time for a workaround and i cant seem to find one.
huh strange. i use a cab for it give me a few seconds im plugged in ill up it.

edit":
on i attached it. has worked on every rom i have tried on my tp2. both sense ui 2.1 & 2.5.

not sure who to thank . cause idk where i got it. been on my card awhile.
Attached Files
File Type: cab RoamingFix6.5.cab (2.7 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by kaos; 01-24-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

twizt3d is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
huh strange. i use a cab for it give me a few seconds im plugged in ill up it.

edit":
on i attached it. has worked on every rom i have tried on my tp2. both sense ui 2.1 & 2.5.

not sure who to thank . cause idk where i got it. been on my card awhile.

Testing to make sure this is the 1x fix, and not a roaming only fix, will post back in a second.

EDIT, as for OP, not sure if this is what he was looking for, but it is not what Im looking for. It does allow you to pick a roaming only option which works fine on TP2 (energy rom here) What I am looking for, and what I assumed OP was looking for, is something to allow you to use your native network (sprint in my case) but pick either 3g automatic, or 1x. For example in my house Im right on a 3g line, i have 3g with 0 bars of service, sometimes my phone will randoms kick over to 1x (without roaming) and get 3-5 bars. but if I go down my drive way, full service 3g. Im looking for a toggle for this. Basically because I dont always receive phone calls in my house, I can get txt msgs fine, but I dont receive calls, and if i go to dial out, then it switches to 3g.

Last edited by twizt3d; 01-24-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:34 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizt3d View Post
Testing to make sure this is the 1x fix, and not a roaming only fix, will post back in a second.

EDIT, as for OP, not sure if this is what he was looking for, but it is not what Im looking for. It does allow you to pick a roaming only option which works fine on TP2 (energy rom here) What I am looking for, and what I assumed OP was looking for, is something to allow you to use your native network (sprint in my case) but pick either 3g automatic, or 1x. For example in my house Im right on a 3g line, i have 3g with 0 bars of service, sometimes my phone will randoms kick over to 1x (without roaming) and get 3-5 bars. but if I go down my drive way, full service 3g. Im looking for a toggle for this. Basically because I dont always receive phone calls in my house, I can get txt msgs fine, but I dont receive calls, and if i go to dial out, then it switches to 3g.
gives you the option under network for home auto or roam. which would be 1x.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2