PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gera229 is keeping up the good workgera229 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Since my stock rom is messed up any suggestions?

Well my stock rom has been messed up now and I cannot send text messages but I can however call and browse the network.

I plan on moving on from this point on to a custom rom and would like to get suggestions.

I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2.

I want a rom that's one of the top and has nearly no flaws with it. Also is the connections speeds and everything the same?
If you can recommend me a rom let me know what types of flaws it may have and how much free memory on boot up.

Also are there cleanup software for custom roms like goodthings2life touch pro 2 cleanup for the stock rom? Or can is it already cleaned and doesn't need any cleanup software?

EDIT: Should I run task 29 after install custom rom(since task 29 needs hspl unlocked) and then install the custom rom again for the best? I mean can the stock rom take up any "blocks" that could not be replaced? Or does that ONLY apply to custom roms?
FYI I hard reseted(Not soft) my phone many many times on stock rom and I hope it doesn't create those "blocks" after hard reset.

Another EDIT: Do any custom roms change radio? Because I hope not. I don't want an SAR change lol. SAR level change will be bad.

Last edited by gera229; 01-30-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Wrong forum for this but it will probably be moved.

You will need to unlock first by installing the hspl. If you want, then run task29 to clear the rom portion of memory. Then put it in bootloader and flash a custom rom.
I recommend you try several and see what you like. Run Task29 in between flashes of custom roms.
Vin's newest rom is one of the only custom rom's I can think of that has a radio included as most don't.
Happy Flashing!
Old 01-30-2011, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Since my stock rom is messed up any suggestions?

Ok I will try Sharkies since I do not use radio.
I would like to know what radio flashing is and why people do it? What does it do?
Old 01-30-2011, 05:48 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Im a NRG fan... Vin is good from what i hear.. Mighty is very popular still(but development has stopped for some time)

Flashing Radio do different things... If you SIM unlocked you need a different radio to be able to use GSM networks..... maybe you have poor signal, a different radio may change that... on my Sprint TP1 i used to have a Telus Radio on it because it worked best...... most of the time, you never have to worry about it though.... Stock Roms usually have the Radios included.. as stated above, its Uncommon for it to be in a Custom Rom.. youll always know because when you get to the grey flash screen itll say: OS or Radio and OS..
Old 01-30-2011, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So if I put a custom rom I will need to flash a radio?

You mean it is uncommon that radios are included or that they need to be flashed?

By the way you use Telus radio and get better signal, but are you still on Sprint network? And the network speeds are the same as sprint should be right? Telus is slightly slower than sprint from my research.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gera229 View Post
So if I put a custom rom I will need to flash a radio?

You mean it is uncommon that radios are included or that they need to be flashed?

By the way you use Telus radio and get better signal, but are you still on Sprint network? And the network speeds are the same as sprint should be right? Telus is slightly slower than sprint from my research.
You don't need to flash a radio to your device. All stock/shipped ROMs from HTC contain a radio. Some are newer and maybe 'better', so people like to flash them. They aren't usually included in custom ROMs because they have the possibility of bricking your phone if the radio is not meant for your phone. If someone with a GSM phone doesn't read close enough and flashes Vin's ROM, that person now owns a paper weight. I know there have been some people here with CDMA phones that flashed GSM ROMs containing radios, and they do not have a working phone anymore. Radios can all be flashed separately and do not reset anything on your phone where your ROM/data is, so there is really no reason for them to be included with a custom ROM in my opinion.

As long as you only flash a CDMA TP2/Rhodium radio to your CDMA TP2/Rhodium phone, you will have no problems. You can use radios from Telus, Verizon, or Sprint for CDMA since they are all CDMA carriers (though I have no idea if all those radios contain the necessary stuff for the 'world phone' portion of the Sprint TP2). If you flash a telus radio to your sprint phone, you'll still connect to the sprint network but the phone's radio may get a better/worse signal based on different code in the radio. What radio works the best for you probably depends on your location as much as anything. There is no 'best' radio for everyone.

Last edited by mwalt2; 01-31-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Since I have the airrave I guess I will be good with full bars. I also guess all CDMA radios are the same network speeds but you can correct me if I am wrong.
If I flash a custom rom, will I need to flash a radio since custom roms don't come with radios?
What if I do Task 29 to completely reset my phone and delete all files, will I need to flash a radio? Are there stock sprint radios incase I don't like a flashed radio(just for my knowledge, interests me, maybe in the future I doubt I will need to flash a custom radio even though not really now.)?
Old 01-31-2011, 07:02 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

the 2 ROMs i recomend are THIS ONE and THIS ONE the first includes a radio that has improved my signal strength and battery life and even reduced the overheating, the 2nd one does not include a radio, both roms are very clean and stable and require no cabs to become useable
Old 01-31-2011, 05:43 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

moved for more suggestions.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2