PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gera229 is keeping up the good workgera229 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to install software on Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2?

I am new to this and I just got this phone and would like to install winmospeed and screen locking lockdevice app on my phone. I would like to know how to do it. Running stock rom.

Not connected to sprint network yet and my ERI version is 0 is this normal?
Old 01-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

What files are they? (Cab, zip, rar, exe)
Old 01-22-2011, 11:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: How to install software on Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2?

winmospeed and lockdevice are both cabs. You just copy them to your phone, browse to the location using File Explorer, press on them, and follow the prompts. I've attached the cabs for your convenience.
Attached Files
File Type: cab LockDevice_V1.6[1].CAB (45.3 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab WiMoSpeed_V1.03.CAB (703.7 KB, 54 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I've got it all figured out. Thanks.
It is Cabs.

Is installing rar, zip, and exe different? If so let me know how to do that.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gera229 View Post
I've got it all figured out. Thanks.
It is Cabs.

Is installing rar, zip, and exe different? If so let me know how to do that.
rar and zip won't install. It will just extract whatever files are packed. A simple cab is basically the same thing, except that it puts the files in a specific location and may contain registry data. There are .exe's which can run on your phone. They will install things like cabs and may or may not have any user interactions (some exe's just run on the phone and do not install anything). cab's are by far the most common.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:41 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

have u ever had .rar or .zip on ur PC? that process is no different i promise.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok I see, by the way if I get a SOD do I hard reset or soft reset?

Do SODs somewhat make the phone slower and slower over time if you keep getting them and thus requiring a hard reset to get it back to normal speed?
Old 01-24-2011, 01:23 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

soft reset. they will happen a lot since ur on the stock 6.5 ROM. as of today it's still unclear as to what the exact cause of it is as the 21889 build its based off of is one of the only builds it happens in for almost no reason.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I see, for me it wasn't an SOD but was a crash after tweaking battery settings. Soft reset fixed it. But you know like it's bad to press press the power button on a pc (a hard shut down/ restart) Is it bad to press the reset button on the phone in the same way or is the phone different?

I mean if it happens occasionally, does the phone slow down to the point where I will need a hard reset to make it run normally again? Or is hard reset almost never needed? List me times that a hard reset will be needed other then before adding a custom rom or doing a cleaning of the phone using a software like with goodthings2life.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:10 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by gera229 View Post
I see, for me it wasn't an SOD but was a crash after tweaking battery settings. Soft reset fixed it. But you know like it's bad to press press the power button on a pc (a hard shut down/ restart) Is it bad to press the reset button on the phone in the same way or is the phone different?

I mean if it happens occasionally, does the phone slow down to the point where I will need a hard reset to make it run normally again? Or is hard reset almost never needed? List me times that a hard reset will be needed other then before adding a custom rom or doing a cleaning of the phone using a software like with goodthings2life.
Soft resetting your phone actually does not harm it. Its actually advisable to soft reset your phone a couple times a week...kinda like a minor house cleaning. Soft reset and hard reset are 2 different things. Hard resetting your phone will clear out your phone and puts it back to factory settings. Doing a hard reset wipes your phone of everything you installed on it after you took it out of the box.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2