PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ultimate guitar app or the likes

hey guys,

i was wondering if anyone knew of any app similiar to the ultimate guitar app for android or iphone that allows easy searching of tabs on your phone? i have the ultimate guitar app for android since i dual boot tiads froyo x (which is amazing by the way) but i am not always in android. i finally got my winmo side of the phone setup better than it has ever been with vin's clean rom and spb mobile shell with the android 2.2 theme. so i installed all my apps which i have a ton for windows and that is really the only thing missing. i got the tuners and the panoramic guitar suite app. but i just need something to search the tabs that would be great! does anyone know if such a program exists?
Old 01-28-2011, 12:48 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: ultimate guitar app or the likes

search the "tabs"?
Old 01-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Tabs or tabulature is a simplified way of reading sheet music.

Guitarists are a unique breed. Chances are, if you play guitar, you are either self-taught, or have taken a small number of lessons via a friend or guitar teacher. If you were a pianist, however, you would have learned the instrument through years of private study, which would include both music theory lessons, and heavy focus on sight reading.

Nothing wrong with taking the more informal approach to learning music, but it does create some inherent problems when it comes to laborious duties like learning to read music. Learning to sight read takes a reasonable amount of work, without immediate benefit, and it is these sort of skills that self-taught musicians tend to avoid. It's never too late to learn to read music... if you want to get serious about a career in the music industry, it really is essential. However, guitarists have created their own method of music notation, guitar tablature which, while admittedly flawed, provides a simple and easy to read way of sharing music with other guitarists.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:09 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i know what tabs are... but your askng for an app to search for tabs.... so to me, that would mean theres such a thing as "tab files".. in order for an app to locate them..

or your looking for an app that downloads TAB, like you would an mp3..

iin either case, both would be news to me..
Old 01-28-2011, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS
Threadstarter

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work

yes an app to search tabs is exactly what i a looking for there is an app called tabular for droid and another called ultimate-guitar.com...they both pretty much search the website ultimate-guitar.com for any song you want to play. the both support downloading the tab to your phone and plus they format it to your screen size for your phone as well as have an auto scroll option with different speeds. it is perfect for jam sessions on the go or with friends when yo9u are not in front of a pc. and no they are not mp3's or files although i guess it does create a file when you save it.....the internet browsers for windows dont fit it to screen or support the auto scroll hence the reason i am looking for an "app" kinda like what scilors groovemobile does with grooveshark i am looking for onje that does that with ultimate-guitar.com or the like.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

mbritt80 is keeping up the good workmbritt80 is keeping up the good work

I used guitar suite in the windows marketplace, it's $4 and is pretty cool. lots of features and even tuners. and a tone of chords with tuning ability
Old 01-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Three cheers for all the musicians out there! Yea! Yea!! Yea!!! Keep it up Steve!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2