PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gera229 is keeping up the good workgera229 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What do I do to reset everything including the registry?

What do I need to do the clean everything in the phone including the registry so that it would be like brand new?

Also another question is:
I opened up the battery and I notice a white sprint sim card in it. I thought Sprint doesn't give out sim cards. Is it supposed to be there? What will happen if I take it out? Will it work on the network or be able to be activated?
Old 01-22-2011, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: What do I do to reset everything including the registry?

Go to control panel and wipe the device. Enter the code and hit wipe. task 29 also cleans out old issues that you may be having.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:25 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

moved
Old 01-24-2011, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
task 29 also cleans out old issues that you may be having.
Entering the numbers in cleanup does a hard reset.

Can you explain task29 to me please. Is it a program? Is it a hard reset or what does it do?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Clear Storage
Old 01-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gera229
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
task 29 also cleans out old issues that you may be having.
Entering the numbers in cleanup does a hard reset.

Can you explain task29 to me please. Is it a program? Is it a hard reset or what does it do?
I suggest you do some searching and some reading in this forum.
Every question you have asked so far has been covered multiple times before.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Since I first just heard it I asked then searched lol. So I am guessing Task 29 is only for those who flash other roms so I guess its not needed. It clean out device memory completely which normal clear storage doesn't. But that's not what I need/ have cuz I didn't flash stock roms.

Also does flash memory card also clear it out completely or is there a program that does more than flash memory card (flash memory card by computer)?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / E4gT / MoPho

treotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gera229 View Post
What do I need to do the clean everything in the phone including the registry so that it would be like brand new?

Also another question is:
I opened up the battery and I notice a white sprint sim card in it. I thought Sprint doesn't give out sim cards. Is it supposed to be there? What will happen if I take it out? Will it work on the network or be able to be activated?
There are two ways to hard reset the phone, which will dump the internal memory and return the registry to stock configuration.

One way is to go into Settings/System/Clear Storage. The other way is to hold the top power button down to power off the phone. Then press and hold down the phone send and end keys, and press and hold the top power button. You will see a white screen asking you if you want to reset the device. Press the volume up button to hard reset it.

The TP2 is a world phone. It has a Sim card to use it on non US GSM carriers by default. You can remove the Sim card and it will still work on CDMA Sprint.

Don't worry about Task 29 right now. You will need to read up on that when you are familiar with the phone and how things work.......

Last edited by treotraveler; 01-24-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Either way task 29 probably won't make it better right now, since it has nothing to clean up due to no custom roms being installed yet. So I guess I do not need it unless I put a custom rom. Are there any other reasons to use it (like some apps) Other than after multiple installations of custom roms?
Old 01-25-2011, 12:46 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by gera229
Either way task 29 probably won't make it better right now, since it has nothing to clean up due to no custom roms being installed yet. So I guess I do not need it unless I put a custom rom. Are there any other reasons to use it (like some apps) Other than after multiple installations of custom roms?
Think of Task29 like formatting a hard drive or sdcard. It wipes everything except the radio on a device. After you run it your device will not boot. It is used between flashes of custom roms to wipe the device clean.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
n00b, what a handfull