PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pt2
Carrier: telus

bigbertz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A little Help please

HI I have looking around for the right Rom to download. I have a Telus Pro Touch 2 and want to update to Windows 6.5. Stupid Telus doesnt have one. Can someone point me in the right direction please and Thanks.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:03 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: A little Help please

oh this is an easy one,here ya go:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...o-2-37-wv.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try them all! Just make sure it's a CDMA rom
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855
Carrier: Sprint

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
Try them all! Just make sure it's a CDMA rom
+1 Why install what someone else likes best? Take the time to find out what is best for your setup and the way you use your phone. It is a lot more fun that way and you will learn a lot about ROMs. Good luck
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Vin's ROM is gaining popularity and a lot of people around here like it, but I'm sticking to Energy or my custom one. And that's just two.. I would start with MightyRom because it's probably to most "stock-like" and probably even most stable. Then go from there.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bigbertz is a n00b

Thanks for the advice. I am a little scared I have done a lot of reading (newbie) So I can just download that rom from above and put it on the SD card and then load it on the phone. It says that I need internet on the phone is that right? Some posts say yes and some post say no. The phone is unlocked and I have yet to hook up my sim card. I want to update everything before I switch it over. Can I do that??
Old 01-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob
+1 Why install what someone else likes best? Take the time to find out what is best for your setup and the way you use your phone. It is a lot more fun that way and you will learn a lot about ROMs
because its the best rom that balances performance with RAM and eye candy unlike the ROM ur on. it also has the best battery life of any rom I used. I'm sure he'll most likely take the word of a VIP over a regular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbertz
Thanks for the advice. I am a little scared I have done a lot of reading (newbie) So I can just download that rom from above and put it on the SD card and then load it on the phone. It says that I need internet on the phone is that right? Some posts say yes and some post say no. The phone is unlocked and I have yet to hook up my sim card. I want to update everything before I switch it over. Can I do that??
make sure you go here to unlock
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...w-hardspl.html

download that tool and follow the on screen prompts then after that hard reset then download and flash the rom i provided. the SD card is not required to flash this rom and nor is the sim card.

Last edited by eric12341; 01-24-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:10 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Yeah, I'd suggest flashing Vin's Pluto or Neo ROM first. Once you get a feel for its performance and battery life, flash a different ROM, and so forth. Vin's are by far the best balanced performance/battery life IMHO.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:50 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

+1 on the unlocker link eric12341 posted. you can't flash to another rom unless you've done a hardSPL unlock. make sure you read and re-read the unlocker thread instructions.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 01-25-2011, 01:49 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bigbertz is a n00b

Thanks everyone. I took Erics advise and flashed the rom he said. All went well so not scared anymore. I guess now to see whatever else cool is out here. Thanks again for the help !!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2