PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gera229 is keeping up the good workgera229 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Holding down end key on home screen.. what does it do?

But just let me know based on your experience, if you didn't notice any performance difference with 3d performance intensive games on sd card vs main memory, then I would rather just put in in sd card. Thanks.

Do you have a mobile hotspot app? If so what should I use? I was thinking about wmwifirouter but don't know if it will support tp2. What is ICS for wifirouter?
Old 01-23-2011, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

On the HTC Touch pro 2 in the settings somewhere I tapped commit registry and it said registry flushed. Since I have nothing on my phone really just yet I feel like doing a hard reset after pressing that button.

What does it do? Should I hard reset or not? Is it safe?
Does it change anything in the phone? Does/ can it make the phone run slower (after time maybe, or better?)? Can it make the phone have problems and flaws along with bad performance and instability; can it make the phone not stable? Can it change a certain program or make it worse? How often is the registry to be flushed?

Last edited by gera229; 01-23-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I don't play many 3d games on mine but I would say install to card if you can.

I use the HTCWiFiRouter app that is integrated into CommManager. It is available in the WinMo Software Forum. ICS for wifirouter is Internet Connection Sharing using the WiFi connection as a link between your device and pc.

I have never seen that commit registry or flush.
There are apps that will optimize or clear unnecessary values and keys from the registry like sktools but I haven't seen that commit or flush as part of the standard settings.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So I guess you can still connect wireless pc to device without ICS unless you want something like network places or something?

Are all wifi apps the same?
I mean would this work the same as this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=538874

?

Which one would you recommend more and why?

Last edited by gera229; 01-24-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:24 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

ICS basically is sharing the internet connection from your ppc with a pc. The wifi router app just allows you a wireless connection between your ppc and your pc. Get it?
I believe that link you posted is the same app that I have.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

ICS basically is sharing the internet connection from your ppc with a pc. The wifi router app just allows you a wireless connection between your ppc and your pc. Get it?
I believe that link you posted is the same app that I have.
I installed it, how do I manage to put it into comm?
Yeah don't you share it even if a wireless connection between ppc and pc is set?

I mean giving me examples would help explain it better. Thanks.

Aren't you running this:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/windows-mo...m-manager.html
Also is it installed in your main phone memory or on your storage memory sd card?

EDIT: Looks like I cannot install the one with both in a cab file that's on ppc geeks because it says install unsuccessful and that I do not have the previleges. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by gera229; 01-25-2011 at 04:36 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Yep, that's the one I have. I installed it to device. You shouldn't install more than one wifirouter cab.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Which one do you have:
Internet Sharing 1.1.1.0.cab
or
AL_CommManager_Suite_with_WifiSharing_1_1.CAB
?
Or did you install separately first one and then a comm modification which can be downloaded from xda developers?

I uninstalled the first one and removed it from my memory, I did a soft reset and tried again and it stills said the same thing.
I was trying to install (cab stored on sd card) to phone main memory this one:
AL_CommManager_Suite_with_WifiSharing_1_1.CAB

Can co0kise home tab mod or goodthings2life cleanup for touch pro 2 have any affect of not being able to isntall the one with comm feature?

I can install the other one without problem without comm feature (takes only 170kb compared to the one with comm feature 2.9mb) without problem.

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

I installed the CommManager Suite one to device. CHT could be causing your problems. I already had the GTTL cab installed when I installed the wifisharing suite.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I guess I will just have to do it without it being in Comm.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2