PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How to install software on Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140074)

gera229 01-22-2011 05:56 PM

How to install software on Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2?

I am new to this and I just got this phone and would like to install winmospeed and screen locking lockdevice app on my phone. I would like to know how to do it. Running stock rom.

Not connected to sprint network yet and my ERI version is 0 is this normal?

Dr.8820 01-22-2011 06:16 PM

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

What files are they? (Cab, zip, rar, exe)

mwalt2 01-22-2011 11:52 PM

Re: How to install software on Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2?

2 Attachment(s)
winmospeed and lockdevice are both cabs. You just copy them to your phone, browse to the location using File Explorer, press on them, and follow the prompts. I've attached the cabs for your convenience.

gera229 01-23-2011 12:18 AM

I've got it all figured out. Thanks.
It is Cabs.

Is installing rar, zip, and exe different? If so let me know how to do that.

mwalt2 01-23-2011 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gera229 (Post 2042455)
I've got it all figured out. Thanks.
It is Cabs.

Is installing rar, zip, and exe different? If so let me know how to do that.

rar and zip won't install. It will just extract whatever files are packed. A simple cab is basically the same thing, except that it puts the files in a specific location and may contain registry data. There are .exe's which can run on your phone. They will install things like cabs and may or may not have any user interactions (some exe's just run on the phone and do not install anything). cab's are by far the most common.

eric12341 01-24-2011 12:41 AM

have u ever had .rar or .zip on ur PC? that process is no different i promise.

gera229 01-24-2011 01:01 AM

Ok I see, by the way if I get a SOD do I hard reset or soft reset?

Do SODs somewhat make the phone slower and slower over time if you keep getting them and thus requiring a hard reset to get it back to normal speed?

eric12341 01-24-2011 01:23 AM

soft reset. they will happen a lot since ur on the stock 6.5 ROM. as of today it's still unclear as to what the exact cause of it is as the 21889 build its based off of is one of the only builds it happens in for almost no reason.

gera229 01-24-2011 01:44 AM

I see, for me it wasn't an SOD but was a crash after tweaking battery settings. Soft reset fixed it. But you know like it's bad to press press the power button on a pc (a hard shut down/ restart) Is it bad to press the reset button on the phone in the same way or is the phone different?

I mean if it happens occasionally, does the phone slow down to the point where I will need a hard reset to make it run normally again? Or is hard reset almost never needed? List me times that a hard reset will be needed other then before adding a custom rom or doing a cleaning of the phone using a software like with goodthings2life.

Mojary 01-24-2011 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gera229 (Post 2043101)
I see, for me it wasn't an SOD but was a crash after tweaking battery settings. Soft reset fixed it. But you know like it's bad to press press the power button on a pc (a hard shut down/ restart) Is it bad to press the reset button on the phone in the same way or is the phone different?

I mean if it happens occasionally, does the phone slow down to the point where I will need a hard reset to make it run normally again? Or is hard reset almost never needed? List me times that a hard reset will be needed other then before adding a custom rom or doing a cleaning of the phone using a software like with goodthings2life.

Soft resetting your phone actually does not harm it. Its actually advisable to soft reset your phone a couple times a week...kinda like a minor house cleaning. Soft reset and hard reset are 2 different things. Hard resetting your phone will clear out your phone and puts it back to factory settings. Doing a hard reset wipes your phone of everything you installed on it after you took it out of the box.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab