PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Pls recommend a ROM for frequent international travel (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140059)

3050 01-22-2011 09:43 AM

Pls recommend a ROM for frequent international travel

My job just changed requiring me to travel internationally frequently and I am having problems using MM ROM. I have WW data and it didn't provision correctly before I left the US. So I flashed to Sprint ROM and was able to get it provisioned abroad through International dept. I flashed it back to MM but I keep getting error #777 when I access a browser and it won't usb tether or wifi share while roaming.

Could anyone recommend a ROM that will work for my situation?

horndoctor 01-22-2011 03:01 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I suggest using the Sprint shipped 6.1 rom.

eric12341 01-22-2011 04:31 PM

Re: Pls recommend a ROM for frequent international travel

Vin's ROM

Maxx134 01-22-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3050 (Post 2042067)
... I flashed it back to MM but I keep getting error #777 when I access a browser and it won't usb tether or wifi share while roaming.
Could anyone recommend a ROM that will work for my situation?

Yes I have experienced #777 error before using another rom.
Some roms are better at this than others.
Plus you have to watch out when installing cabs that are not CDMA specific,
as alot of cabs coming from XDA site are from GSM devices.
So that means taskbars, advanceConfig app, even keyboard apps.

That being said, the easyest for me to tether both USB and wireless was Vinn rom.
You can select wireless tether in the comm manager and it just works, effortlessly,
And in that thread you will find a cab to speed your internet,
AND better radio combined in install..
And the most effiecient battery use rom I have measured.
:cool:

3050 01-23-2011 04:15 AM

Thank You All. I'll download/flash when I get back to the US. I head right back out in few days so I'll give this a shot.

quick99si 01-23-2011 12:37 PM

Have you considered going with AT&T/T-Mobile and doing the SIM card thing when out of the country? The imminent iPhoner exodus should make AT&T more bearable too.

eric12341 01-23-2011 08:12 PM

GSM SUCKS here in the US.

3050 01-24-2011 09:03 PM

quick99si
I considered it but the hassle of maintaining a SIM for every country/region isn't worth it to me. I'm on a F&C plan with the $69 intl add on so to me its worth it to stick with the TP2 and Sprint. I've been impressed that I can do skype video calls without much problem in most places. I'm sure it will only get better once I flash to VIN'S ROM.

3050 01-25-2011 01:04 AM

I just flashed VIN's Neodium but choose to keep using Sprint's 2.32wf radio. It doesn't work w or w/o the sprint provision cabs. Same thing #777 error. I'm gonna post over in VIN's thread to avoid duplication.

horndoctor 01-25-2011 01:14 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3050
I just flashed VIN's Neodium but choose to keep using Sprint's 2.32wf radio. It doesn't work w or w/o the sprint provision cabs. Same thing #777 error. I'm gonna post over in VIN's thread to avoid duplication.

You could dial ##786# then click menu then reset. It will ask you if you want to restore to factory defalts. Click ok..restart and provisioning will start to program the data connection. It should ask you for your MSL upon restart.