PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 01:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC RhodiumW (Sprint Touch Pro 2)
Carrier: Sprint

JakFrost is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Does Your TP2 Corrupts Itself and Loses Registry Settings?

This is about the 5th time this year that my phone corrupted itself, lost a lot of the registry settings, my Gmail account setup, background, ringers, alarms, Manila (SenseUI) settings, background, and generally a lot of stuff. This time it kept my ActiveSync and my contacts, but last time it didn't even do that. My Wife's phone also does the same thing every 2-3 months just like mine. My friend at work who also has a TP2 reports similar issues every few months where the phones resets or just gets so slow it becomes unusable.

I've ran the latest official Sprint ROM 2.04.651.4 2010-03-19 (WM 6.5 21889) and then switched to MightyROM 4.01.605.15 2010-06-20 (WM 6.5 21889) but same thing happens. I've tried the other MightyROM releases with WM 6.5.5 but they are so unstable that the phones corrupt themselves within days, so the 21889 build seems most stable.

Phone: T7380 (CDMA on Sprint in USA)
Radio: 2.32.00 WU (World Unlocked)
HardSPL: V1_10R3

I just reflashed the phone again today and am going back to the Sprint ROM. Any suggestions?

Otherwise I'm just going to wait a few months to get rid of this HTC TP2 and get a new phone with those dual-core processors that are supposed to be coming out "any day now".

Last edited by JakFrost; 01-22-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:00 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Does Your TP2 Corrupts Itself and Loses Registry Settings?

theres the problem. u just named the buggiest builds of wm. the 21889 and the 235xx and above builds (2900x might have the bugs worked out) try a 21916 and u won't look back.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:17 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

+1

Or if you want to run a shipped rom use the 6.1 version.

With any rom though make sure you try to keep it clean like delete useless texts and emails and clear temp files like cache, history, and cookies every week.
You will be much happier.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:36 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

JakFrost is a n00b

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm grabbing NRGZ28's Energy ROMs and I'll try the 29007 one, and if that one fails I'll go to the 21916.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:51 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakFrost
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm grabbing NRGZ28's Energy ROMs and I'll try the 29007 one, and if that one fails I'll go to the 21916.
I suggest Vin's or Lead rom.

Good Luck!
Old 01-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakFrost View Post
if it has CHT you may still have problems with RAM and such

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

I suggest Vin's or Lead rom.

Good Luck!
same, but ill say Vin's ROM because lead rom has problems with text entry,MMS and webpage loading in opera
Old 01-22-2011, 11:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

JakFrost is a n00b

I checked out the Energy Cookie 2.0 (CHT) 29007 ROM and I shows I only have 32MB of memory available out of 187MB. The SenseUI is not entirely stable and it freezes or crashes if I try to interact with it for e-mail or finish a phone call. Also, the phone enables the security lock due to timeout even if I am using Google Maps while it is running with a route to a destination, super annoying.

I guess it's time to redo my phone for the 3rd time and this time avoid any distros with eye-candy like Cookie (CHT).

Frak! Why can't there be one good, stable, usable distro ROM that is recommended above all others so I don't feel like I'm alpha testing a 3-year old phone at this point!
Old 01-22-2011, 11:44 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

hmmm. Could actually be a problem with your micro SD storage card. Either try another (preferably class 4 or better) storage card or save the stuff you need most on yours, format it and copy what you want back to it.

IMHO, my TP2 is one of the best I've owned.

BTW, I'm running NRG 29007 CHT 2.0 and its running great. No SOD's and battery life is exceptional. I'm also overclocked to 748.

Give the SD card suggestion a try and see if it helps.

David
Old 01-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Also try not to keep every single text or email. I had 50 MB of attachments a few months ago that caused the phone to get slow and buggy.

Sent from my FROYO X using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:00 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Also try not to keep every single text or email. I had 50 MB of attachments a few months ago that caused the phone to get slow and buggy.

Sent from my FROYO X using Tapatalk
Agreed.

It seems like whenever I get over 100 texts, Sense seems to slow down quite a bit. Not only do I delete any unnecessary texts but I empty the deleted texts as well just a s a good measure. Seems like things run quite nicely whenever I do that.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2