PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Tethering on HTC Touch pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139965)

latinlover515 01-19-2011 11:22 PM

Tethering on HTC Touch pro 2

hi guys. does anyone here has a solution or a way to disable incoming calls while tethering? its kind of stupid that you are online and someone calls and caputs you get booted offline becuase of the incoming call.. even though it reconects automaticly after i hang up. but i wish there is a way to disable incoming calls while tethering so this issue doesnt happen. if theere is any way please let me know.... thanks in advance...

darren.wlsn1 01-20-2011 12:09 AM

Re: Tethering on HTC Touch pro 2

moved

Dr.8820 01-20-2011 12:37 AM

are you tethering via wifi or usb cord? i still use tom codon wifi sharing, never had that happen (that i can remember).

horndoctor 01-20-2011 01:22 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Maybe just ignore the call and let it go to voicemail.

latinlover515 01-20-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2040604)
are you tethering via wifi or usb cord? i still use tom codon wifi sharing, never had that happen (that i can remember).

iam using the USB. i rather use USb cuz iam able to charge the battery while connected to USB. on wifi it will drain the battery to quick.. thats why iam interested on the internet sharing app feature..

latinlover515 01-20-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2040628)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Maybe just ignore the call and let it go to voicemail.

i think i tryed doing that ignoring the call but still cut me off internet. but iam not really sure if that really happened or not.

quick99si 01-20-2011 11:11 AM

What you want is to enable DDTM aka "Data Dedicated Transmission Mode." To do that, you're going to need to enable that option in your phone settings, and then turn it ON + soft reset.

Or if you have your MSL, enter ##000000# in the phonepad where the 0's represent your MSL, then look for DDTM in the EVDO menu.

I guess another way would be to force your device to "1x" mode. With an active data connection in 1x, all calls are go to voicemail automatically (the way DDTM would work under Ev).

Oh, and one last thing that may work would be a call filter like Magicall that immediately hangs up incoming phone calls. When done automatically, it may actually be quick enough to keep your data session alive.

Last resort, send a mass text to your entire phonebook and area code asking people not to call you for the next 1-2 hours. Don't forget telemarketers and people with upcoming unexpected emergencies.

eric12341 01-20-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quick99si (Post 2040782)
What you want is to enable DDTM aka "Data Dedicated Transmission Mode." To do that, you're going to need to enable that option in your phone settings, and then turn it ON + soft reset.

Or if you have your MSL, enter ##000000# in the phonepad where the 0's represent your MSL, then look for DDTM in the EVDO menu.

I guess another way would be to force your device to "1x" mode. With an active data connection in 1x, all calls are go to voicemail automatically (the way DDTM would work under Ev).

Damn you!!! Beat me to it but yea DDTM Mode is the way bring up phone>menu>options>CDMA Services>DDTM mode then turn on

Dr.8820 01-20-2011 12:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by latinlover515 (Post 2040766)
iam using the USB. i rather use USb cuz iam able to charge the battery while connected to USB. on wifi it will drain the battery to quick.. thats why iam interested on the internet sharing app feature..

you can plug it in the wall and still use the wifi sharing :). give it a shot.

latinlover515 01-21-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2040784)
Damn you!!! Beat me to it but yea DDTM Mode is the way bring up phone>menu>options>CDMA Services>DDTM mode then turn on

ok thanks all you guys i love you all lolol. so I turn on the TDTM and whan i finsh been online go to the same place and turn it back off again? or will it turns on automaticly when pulling the usb cable out? iam only asking becuae i haven tryed it yet but just in case. thanks again