\"PPCGeeks\"

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Bricked, I think? =( (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139961)

flatlander_2k5 01-19-2011 10:01 PM

Bricked, I think? =(

Okay, I'm not a complete noob, I've flashed before...But I f**ked something up this time.

I have a Sprint TP2 and I carelessly flashed a GSM ROM to it. ] (*,) Now I have no power, no amber light, nothing, it's not even recognized as anything more than "unknown device" by my PC (WinXP).

I've tried entering boot loader, hard resetting, soft resetting, leaving the battery out, charging it overnight, still no signs of life.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

NOTE: I'm not with Sprint, at all, so insurance claims aren't really an option. Also, anything like "buy a new phone," "switch to Android," or anything of that nature aren't really helpful.

UPDATE: After leaving it plugged into my computer overnight (kinda forgot about it), I do have an occasional amber light, but it's not still unresponsive.

XxQuikSh0txX 01-19-2011 10:20 PM

Re: Bricked, I think? =(

Take the battery out, put it back in, press volume down and End key, then flash a cdma ROM. This worked for me, and seems to work for others.

puff601 01-19-2011 10:25 PM

put the phone in bootloader then try using the relocker. then use the cdma unlocker

flatlander_2k5 01-19-2011 10:31 PM

Sorry guys, neither of those will work for me, as I can't get the phone to power on in ANY mode at the moment. As I said, the battery's been out, been charged, and repeated over the last few days, still no signs of life, at all.

mwalt2 01-19-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flatlander_2k5 (Post 2040533)
Sorry guys, neither of those will work for me, as I can't get the phone to power on in ANY mode at the moment. As I said, the battery's been out, been charged, and repeated over the last few days, still no signs of life, at all.

What GSM ROM did you flash? If it contained a radio, you are certainly bricked. Most custom ROMs do not contain radios, but phones do power on and continually reboot if you flash a custom GSM (no radio) ROM to a CDMA phone. If it was a shipped/carrier ROM, they all contain radios and you are bricked (not sure if it's possible to flash a shipped ROM made for another device or if the RUU would give an error...).

flatlander_2k5 01-19-2011 11:48 PM

Dammit. I flashed Josh's Black Release which does come with a radio. Sad day.

So that means all hope is lost, yes?

mwalt2 01-20-2011 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flatlander_2k5 (Post 2040577)
Dammit. I flashed Josh's Black Release which does come with a radio. Sad day.

So that means all hope is lost, yes?

Yes, unless you get some sort of equipment (like a JTAG) or somehow replace the memory the ROM is stored on. I think people have recovered using JTAG's, but I'm just going off of what I've read and am not 100% sure.

horndoctor 01-20-2011 01:05 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Sorry dude. :(

Kevinik 01-20-2011 03:58 AM

Call HTC tell them you installed an update from there (HTC.com TP2) web page and the phone now won't turned on. Act like you don't anything about phones essentially like a newbie. They will probably tell you to call later the manufacter company that takes over RMA. And that company will tell you the RMA process.

That's what I did when I bricked my TP2, they replaced the whole motherboard so the IMEI got changed.
Good Luck.

flatlander_2k5 01-20-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevinik (Post 2040711)
Call HTC tell them you installed an update from there (HTC.com TP2) web page and the phone now won't turned on. Act like you don't anything about phones essentially like a newbie. They will probably tell you to call later the manufacter company that takes over RMA. And that company will tell you the RMA process.

That's what I did when I bricked my TP2, they replaced the whole motherboard so the IMEI got changed.
Good Luck.

I'll try this, but I think the phone still has to be under warranty for that to work. I'll let you guys know.