PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

rwynter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Phone Will Not Launch HTC Sense...HELP!!!!

After I did a Hard SQL, the phone did an automatic reset and then tells me that I tried to install a uncertified program and the says I need to do a hard reset. When I try to reboot it shuts off!!! It restarts and loops when it tries to launch HTC Sense.

I have tried a hard reset but when it restarts it shuts off, therefore, I cannot restart in bootloader mode or go through a hard reset.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Last edited by rwynter; 01-17-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:30 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Black Screen after Hard SQL

aure you used the CDMA unlocker??? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...w-hardspl.html
Old 01-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rwynter is a n00b
Re: Black Screen after Hard SQL

I tried those in the past on my comp so I used SO_HSPL and it was in Mandarin... I was told to use option (5) which was for Touch Pro 2. It hard reset my phone and then I tried to flash and it was a no go. It shut off but didn't turn back on... I tried to charge the phone and it has not turned back on since. I pressed the soft reset button and it vibrates but does not turn on...
Old 01-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Phone Will Not Launch HTC Sense...HELP!!!!

sounds like u may be screwed if u used the wrong hard-SPL try to relock it using the relocker found in the link above then unlock it again using the hard-SPL also in the link above. and to get to bootloader when it keeps restarting try holding down the volume key in between restarts.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

dont try to relock it with the wrong unlocker, use the rhodium worldphone unlocker that is linked above. if you run into issues it may be because your phone is refurbished. if so contact cmonex and they can get you squared away. this is all assuming that you didn't already fubar your phone.

get it into bootloader by pulling the battery and putting it back in then holding the power and vol down buttons at the same time. plug into your computer and go from there. i would unlock, task29 to fix anything you might have done and then load a new rom, remember you have to load CDMA roms.... i would load one of vin's roms as it has a new radio packaged to potentially fix any radio issues you may have created.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rwynter is a n00b

I tried that previously but my phone does not start up right after I send it to bootloader mode. It cuts off and takes a full minute to have some indication of life. After a minute, the recharge light turns on and I am automatically back into "Launching HTC Sense" and it does not launch. I can go to the start page and work around it but not for long... Is it a partially bricked phone?

Thanks
Old 01-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I don't believe you are following the right steps to get into bootloader so you can flash. You should read up on the right buttons to press.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwynter
After I did a Hard SQL, the phone did an automatic reset and then tells me that I tried to install a uncertified program and the says I need to do a hard reset. When I try to reboot it shuts off!!! It restarts and loops when it tries to launch HTC Sense.

I have tried a hard reset but when it restarts it shuts off, therefore, I cannot restart in bootloader mode or go through a hard reset.

PLEASE HELP!!!
Pull battery and wait a moment.
Then reinstall battery and press and hold volume down button and while holding volume down press and hold power button until you see bootloader.
Post what it says here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2