PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

enzyme is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 Antenna / Reception

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintmr View Post
The antenna is a black flexible circuit tape thats taped to the back housing of the phone under the battery cover
I have taken the tp2 apart about a dozen times and trying to recall your description to what I remember. Now are you talking about the piece of tape that is on the battery door that is the orange with the holes in it when looking at the back of the phone?

The only other black tape I remember of is on the inside with the mainboard, and it sticks together with the ribbons coming from the screen / digitizer.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergadgets View Post
Could you give me the link fot FieldTrial. I did a search but was unable to find it.

Thanks!

I will try to find it but I have not ever seen a standalone install for it. I have only seen it cooked in Vin's roms in the tools/advanced folder.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzyme
News. I did try out the radio with a barebone pluto build. I got a mixed bag of nuts. At first after the flashing of the radio & the provision it seemed like it was a complete cure. Nearly full bars all the time, no drop calls or cutting out, FieldTrial Ec/Io ranges from 8-12 db. Updated PRL as well.

But then randomly it started going back to the old ways. Calls cutting out, 1-2 bars, FieldTrial Ec/Io spiked up 18-24 db.

I have done nothing else since the flash besides flash the radio, install provision, PhonEX and SPB Mobile Shell.

--------------------

Q about Radio: I was wondering if the updated radio will stick after a hard reset or new flash or would I need to flash it each time?
A hard reset/clear storage will only reset the rom portion of memory not the radio. The only way to change the radio is to flash another one.

It is possible you could have damaged the actual antenna. Not likely, but possible. Try updating your prl with the new radio and/or try another radio.

Maybe there is something in your area that is interfering with your signal.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzyme View Post
News. I did try out the radio with a barebone pluto build. I got a mixed bag of nuts. At first after the flashing of the radio & the provision it seemed like it was a complete cure. Nearly full bars all the time, no drop calls or cutting out, FieldTrial Ec/Io ranges from 8-12 db. Updated PRL as well.

But then randomly it started going back to the old ways. Calls cutting out, 1-2 bars, FieldTrial Ec/Io spiked up 18-24 db.

I have done nothing else since the flash besides flash the radio, install provision, PhonEX and SPB Mobile Shell.

--------------------

Q about Radio: I was wondering if the updated radio will stick after a hard reset or new flash or would I need to flash it each time?
Yeah, sounds like hardware issue to me too. You got insurance? If so, swap it out FAST before 1/31 to avoid the potential $10 surcharge coming.
Yeah, like Horn said, you gotta flash the Radio to change it. But as you know, some ROMs can include specific radios, so flashing Vin's latest Neo will change yer Radio (to 2.37).

Old 01-20-2011, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I flashed to the most recent barebone Neo rather than Pluto, it comes with the 2.37 radio. Pretty much the same story there. I even flash the standalone radio for good measure after it started acting funny again but no much changed.

What I am going to do is replace that piece in the upper back of the phone. That piece that has the camera built into it. I think that black tape is the antenna, then we shall find out if it was hardware all along.

Thanks for all your help and input fellas.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:28 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

1. On ppcgeeks, you can't attach a exe, so people zip it, google search for "ppcgeeks fieldtrial.zip" will get you this link: you have to unzip it..
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1867316-post2.html
the line you should be looking at is the Rx Power, typically -60 to -90, i've seen over -100 (bad) to what I get, -49 :>))

2. The antenna black tape: pop the back cover, look above the camera lens & speakers, thin strip across top.

3. Always hold the phone on the lower half when talking! Simple habit change can result in DOUBLE the reception. Many people cut their reception in 1/2 by covering the entire top 1/2 of the phone (and the antenna) with their hand. Big discussion & testing following iPhone announcement/problem...

4. Here is the V 2.37 radio: #29850

Last edited by teradog; 01-20-2011 at 07:26 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2